Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Caffeine and bipolar

dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
I’ve recognised I need to stop having coffee as I have about 10 a day and it affects my mood a lot. I end up doing and saying things that I end up regretting when I start to feel elated in mood as I’m bipolar with comorbid BPD. I also get poor anxiety. Can anyone relate?
“Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @dyoverdx, just wanted to pop in and acknowledge your post. I can hear how your current mood changes are making you feel regretful. We're human, we all make decisions that we regret or not proud of sometimes - it's best to learn from them and do better in the future :)

10 coffees in a day is a lot - I can imagine that that much caffeine in your system won't be healthy. How do you feel about talking to a GP about lowering your caffeine intake?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    I thought of replacing coffee with green tea. I might go to the GP about it thoufh
    “Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”