Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

00's bedtime thought

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
edited March 2 in Health & Wellbeing
Is this era fun. Or r we slowly rotting with the disappointment which is life?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    How is @Laura_tigger82 😀 if thts allowed
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Hahah, well, depends who you ask! I guess it depends on the person. I know a lot of folks aren't exactly vibing with the way the world is right now, but there are good things too.

Are YOU having fun, or slowly rotting with the disappointment which is life?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    @JustV after the first counselling session, I became unsure about stuff coz wat I opened up about was huge N I wasn't alright the day after, is tht normal feeling like tht after? I just go to bed n hope feelings of stuff turn to happiness 😊 but I managed but struggled to get by last Wednesday after the 1st session.
    I had to adapt very quickly wen I moved to my new environment. Wat do other ppl enjoy so I can get some ideas?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @JustV @ebyrne556 @Maisy now tht I settled and I'm not looking round every corner anymore or panicking or policewelfare checks. Everything ppl told me on here with advice about life I have taken on board. 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - in a word, yes. Counselling involves you being vulnerable and talking about sensitive topics sometimes, and that can be scary and unfamiliar during the first session. It's quite normal to feel that way! Over time, hopefully you develop a trusting relationship with your counsellor, and feel a bit more comfortable to talk about your feelings.

There are lots of things that can help to take your mind off things when you feel uneasy! Doing some exercise, arts & crafts, playing/listening to music, cooking, video games etc - the list goes on. What do you like to do to settle these nerves?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @ellie2000 for taking the time to check-in. Unfortunately, I have been a little unwell but I am here again now!

It sounds like you have been going through a really difficult time, especially with opening up with the counsellor. You are doing so well opening up to your counsellor and to us but we can hear how difficult this is for you at the moment.

Is there anything, in particular, other than going to bed that helps you feel happier? When did you have to move to a new environment? Your feelings are valid here Ellie and you have done so well to recognise the impact this has had on you. We can also hear the benefits moving has had for you.

For me, in terms of what I enjoy, it would be music, Disney and spending time with friends and family (as well as drinking lots of tea!). I also have a new interest in hot chocolate spoons as an extra treat occasionally.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.