Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

February achievements, with a theme of opening up!

kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
Hello everyone, how have you all been? Hopefully February has been well for you!

I’m here again to encourage you all to share with the community anything you’ve achieved this month – your achievements don’t have to be massive, what counts is the impact it has on you! The small victories matter, and you may find that celebrating your wins can contribute to greater mental health. I recently experienced that focussing on what I’ve accomplished helped me stop being hard on myself.

Feel free to write as many achievements as you wish! :3

My achievements this month:
- Did some public speaking in front of parents and university applicants
- Started doing extremely well in my driving progress
- Started picking up the habit to draw a little each day
- Remained calm after encountering an emotionally distressing situation

As for this month’s theme, quite a lot of things related to mental health happened this month! There was time to talk day (https://timetotalkday.co.uk/), children’s mental health awareness week (https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk/), and random acts of kindness day (https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/rak-week)!

I wanted to ask everyone how comfortable do you usually feel opening up to a trusted person about how you’re feeling? And how do you think opening up can be better for you personally?

Personally, I’m still trying my best to feel comfortable opening up to others – it’s extremely difficult for me. For me, opening up can be better if I know for sure that the person I’m opening up to won’t give me any judgment, and that they’re just here to listen. And I also think being part of a supportive and lovely community like The Mix Charity helps greatly since I can talk about anything here!

If anyone has any ideas of what the theme could be/what theme you want for next month, don’t hesitate to let me know! :3

Really well done for getting through February, and I wish everyone a lovely March! <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    @lunarcat522, really well done, I'm so happy for you! I've also started reading again too, so I totally relate to how good it feels to get out of a reading slump! <3

@Verinelin, omg good job! Tidying your room is such a laborious task and takes a lot of energy - you've inspired my to tidy up my room now haha! And I feel exactly the same way when it comes to opening up! Sometimes a non-judgmental trusted person is what we need, advice isn't necessary unless it's asked for :3

@sinead276, keeping up with uni is just challenging, and you're amazing for getting by! And I agree, it's always good to reach out to people you're familiar with and explore what kind of people they are!

Very well done everyone and I hope you have a wonderful March! <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Amazing achievements as always everyone can we believe that it is march! Thank you always @kaii for making this thread. I dont rlly have a link to opening up but here is mine
    Finishing some projects
    Doing more volunteering
    Making progress with my driving lessons
    Wishing u all a great March <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556, ahh very well done for getting your projects done! And it's really great that you're doing a lot of volunteering, your help is always appreciated! Good job with your progress with driving lessons too, I can sympathise that learning how to drive is definitely challenging and you're incredible for making progress! Hope you have an amazing March! <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Also well done to everyone and their achievments this month!. I'm super proud of you for getting through February. Here's to an amazing March.

I think for me I think one of my achievements was trying to keep up each day and asking about annual leave as I kept forgetting to take time off. I got annual leave on Tuesday so I will be going out and I can't wait.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22, I'm so proud of you for getting through February! I'm really glad that you've acknowledged that you need some time off to rest and recharge - you deserve it! I hope you had a lovely break! :smile:

Also I'm so so sorry for the super late reply to this! I didn't receive this notification in my email!