Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hospital

This discussion was created from comments split from: I need a hug (v2.0) 💚.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    Been up most the night being sick
  • Options
    Staying overnight
  • Options
    Hopefully get to go home today if everything is okay with my bloods
  • Options
    Waiting on bloods still. Really hope they're okay and I can go home. Gonna be frustrated if I have to go back onto the treatment
  • Options
    Frustrated. Been put back on another 10 hour treatment bag. Wanna go home.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Sending you lots of strength @Chloe234 we hope you're doing okay in the hospital and you're able to go home soon. We've just moved your comments over into their own thread to help you get some support while you're in hospital. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time and we're all here with you <3

How are you feeling at the moment and how has the support been from the hospital staff?

Keep us updated with how you're feeling, we're here for you Chloe <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    How are you feeling at the moment and how has the support been from the hospital staff?
    @Aife I'm feeling better and the hospital staff have been amazing

Guess I'm just frustrated because I still wanna go home and I had a school trip tmmr which I probably won't be able to go to now. Just feel stupid bc if I never attempted i wouldn't have to be getting this treatment. I hate being attached to the drip and hate how I'm basically bedbound atm
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Chloe234, you're seen and heard. I can hear how frustrating this situation is for you, and can imagine that missing out on the school trip must be disappointing.

I'm glad to hear that the hospital staff have been treating you well, and that you're feeling better :) I hope that you're able to go home as soon as you're safe and feeling okay. We're here to support you through this time <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Just heard back from my bloods and I've got to do another fucking 10 hours.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Hugs Chloe 🫶🏻 have they not done the 16 hour one?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Siena wrote: »
    Hugs Chloe 🫶🏻 have they not done the 16 hour one?

Nope, they did a 2 hour when I got here then 10 hour, then 2 hour(I think) then 10 hour and now another 10 hour
  • Options
    Omg you'd never guess what. I just finished the 10 hour bag andddd I'm on another 10 hour fucking. Bag. I'm so fed up
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Things seem promising. Waiting for blood results but the doctor thinks they should be okay. Really hope so. Want out of here and I have a mock tmmr as well as nearly 4 hours if drama rehearsal for my exam which I have in 28ish days which I need to do
  • Options
    Bloods came back okay so not the cannula is being taken out then I need to see camhs then should be dischargedddd
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    That’s great @Chloe234 how are you feeling about going home?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ honestly I don't know. I've got to wait till 8pm to see camhs and then I think after they're taking the cannula out my hand and then they can discharge me. A massive part of me can't wait but then I guess another part of me doesn't want to in a way bc ik everything will probably just go back to how it was and I don't want any of it to repeat.

The nurses have been amazing but since Saturday night things have been pretty shit and I guess scary too
  • Options
    Anxious to talk to camhs, dad will probably stay in the room so I won't feel as able to open up
  • Options
    Probably gonna have to miss circle too
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @Chloe234 I am so glad that your bloods came back okay and that you're being discharged.

Speaking to camhs is a really amazing step you are taking in you recovery journey. I know it can be nerve racking but I am super proud of you.

It is so understandable that you're feeling like you won't be able to open up properly with your dad in the room. Maybe you could request that you do it alone? It is really important that you speak as honestly as possible so that you can get the most accurate type of treatment/advice.

I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of strength. You've got this. I believe in you. <3
  • Options
    It is so understandable that you're feeling like you won't be able to open up properly with your dad in the room. Maybe you could request that you do it alone? It is really important that you speak as honestly as possible so that you can get the most accurate type of treatment/advice.

Just spoke to them and they sent him out anyways
    Found it really hard but atleast I'm one step closer to going home
  • Options
    Been discharged. Drained but relieved to be out