Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Overthinking

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
Sometimes I wished I didn't overthink every single thing in my life because maybe I would start to enjoy life more and live in the moment. Lately because I am working as an apprentice in the film and tv industry and part of my job is not to say to anyone what I am working on execpt with the people I work with. Lately, I feel like I let something slip when talking to my parents about my day at work once. I'm not sure if this is true but my brain is telling I said or did something wrong and I now I fear something bad will happen. Also, I got a bit of cold and flu at the moment so I don't know whether it may be the cold making me feel low. I don't know I just wished I could stop this bloody overthinking all the time because things would be easier for me. I know that I have had struggled with OCD in the past and I don't know if its coming back to attack me when I feel ill at the moment.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    LozLoz Community Champion Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Sending hugs <3
    "My darkside won today" - DArkSide by BMTH
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    I expect lots of people in your position would share information they’re not supposed to, especially to close friends and family. If you did let anything slip that you shouldn’t have, then you can just ask your parents not to tell anyone else. I’m sure it’ll be okay :)
  • Options
    I expect lots of people in your position would share information they’re not supposed to, especially to close friends and family. If you did let anything slip that you shouldn’t have, then you can just ask your parents not to tell anyone else. I’m sure it’ll be okay :)

Thank you @AnonymousToe Im just being silly really. My parents kind of know and they wont say anything anyways so <3. Thank you so much though.
  • Options
    Loz wrote: »
    Sending hugs <3

Thank you @Loz <3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 Do you think that journalling might help you as a way of processing and still getting things out but without having to tell people? It sounds like a very difficult situation, I hope things get easier for you <3
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I used to journal, well actually I have been trying to keep a diary but I lost my streak quite recently. I used to do it back in the day but lost touch with it. Maybe I might consider re-doing this again but I do feel like in a way using themix is kind of a like a journal for me but that I get reassurance in a way. I guess I crave reassurance or something idk. <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Amy22, I can hear that how a potential slip up is causing you some worry! I think the general stance is that you do your best to keep it secret, but we all mistakes sometimes. It's not something you did intentionally or to try to capitalise on that information - be kind to yourself, we're human after all :)

I hope you feel better soon! Overthinking is something a lot of members here can relate to. Going around in circles can be exhausting, and oftentimes we don't reach a conclusion either. Be kind to yourself, forgive yourself for making a small mistake, and keep on working well at that apprenticeship :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Azziman really appreciate I said about it our on whatsapp group thats it so hard sometimes but you know everything and stuff and my friend could relate. Maybe might in work idk .