Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone else having a hard week

PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
Been rough this week, feeling anxious and angry and sad a lot more and I don't know why... I actually started crying at work today cos I was so stressed. Been on the 9-5 shift instead of the get up super early one, but I still don't really feel like I'm getting enough sleep. Also I'm coming off some medication soon - I felt like it was the right time. But I'm still scared about stopping (it's been about 2 years) so maybe that's affecting me too?
Anyway, that's my week. It's sucked. Sending virtual hugs to anyone else feeling crap right now x
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hey @PenguinSky that's super tough for you at the moment and I can imagine how it is making you feel too. I got a cold this week which isn't great but I hope you are okay. Im always here if you need someone <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Sorry to hear you're struggling @PenguinSky I'm also having a difficult week, I'm glad it's Friday! Hopefully things will be better next week <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Also just saw your post earlier on @lunarcat522 and I want to send you a virtual hug right now <3 and to anyone else struggling this week.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    I’m not having a very good week either, you’re not alone. Hugs to everyone ❤️
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @PenguinSky, thank you for sharing this - sometimes we have tough weeks, and talking about them can help sometimes!

It sounds like some of you have had a difficult week. Well done for getting through it, and I hope that the weekend gives some time to de-stress and recover from any illnesses! Do you all have plans to do something fun or relaxing - seeing a friend, doing a favourite hobby, or perhaps going to a particular place? :)

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Azziman I caught up with a friend I've not seen in a while and talked through something that happened with them and my mum

I've also got more regular appointments in place for student support and wellbeing

I've got some coursework I could be doing but luckily for the most part I'm caught up so I might give myself a break and come back to it when I'm ready
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 sounds like you're doing pretty good 🤩 good luck with the coursework! And student support services were an incredible source of support for me while i was at uni, so I really hope it's helpful for you too x
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Sorry that you had a hard week @PenguinSky I really hope this week is better for you.Sending positive vibes <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Aw thank you @ebyrne556 🥰
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Hope this week was better for you @PenguinSky <3