Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
You don`t find tomatoes in a fruit salad but (most) fruits have seeds in them and tomatoes have seeds.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable? 9 votes

Fruit
77%
sinead276ebyrne556IsThisJustFantasyKatie12AnonymousToeMatthew_04nat_ 7 votes
Vegetable
22%
DancerLoz 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Fruit
    But in some situations it’s ok to call them a vegetable 😂
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    Fruit
    they are the vegetable of the fruit community (but i think technically they are fruits) 😂😂
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Fruit
    Scientifically sure, they're fruits but for all intents and purposes tomatoes are vegetables😂
  • Options
    Fruit
    Matthew_04 wrote: »
    Scientifically sure, they're fruits but for all intents and purposes tomatoes are vegetables😂

Yes, this lol
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    Vegetable
    Tomatoes in a fruit salad sounds disgusting
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Fruit
    Honestly don’t think I’ve ever eaten a tomato in my life :sweat_smile::joy:
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Fruit
    Ok so apparently and i dont remember exactly where i got told this but i jsut remember the person being really angry that i didnt know this but if something has seeds in it it is a fruit? So ig that means a tomatoe is one :p

i love a good tomatoe ngl cant believe u have never had one @AnonymousToe id recommend haha
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.