Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

January Post of The Month Poll

Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
edited January 14 in General Chat
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I would just like to recognise how hard all of you are working. January can be a really difficult time for lots of people for many reasons and, yet, here you are keeping fighting, reaching out for support and supporting other people.

Lots of you have been recognised this month so we definitely need a post of the month poll! Could you please select your favourite nomination? This choice would be too tricky for us to do alone as mods.

The nominations are as follows:

@independent_ on "On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?"
I love when this thread gets bumped!!

I’m a 5 today

Why not higher: my brain is playing silly games and it just feels so messy. I can’t focus or concentrate (or is that the same thing) but either way. I can’t imagine anything of use getting done today.

Why not lower: I’m sure I’ve said this before but I have great family and great friends. Even if I let them all down sometimes with the way I do things.

What I can do: I’m gonna play some games I think. Something easy

@Amy22 - On Introduction
Hiya @Random_don its great to have you here on the boards. Don't worry you don't sound like a loser at all and there is nothing bad about wanting to find friends as that is what TheMix is here for!. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us <3. There are lots of very lovely people on here too so I am sure you are bound to make some great friends <3.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3

@kaii - On First session
I’m so sorry that they brought up your past @River, I can imagine how uncomfortable this made you feel. I’m not too sure how counselling works, but I think they want to try and help you hurt yourself less, so they may have dived into your painful, traumatic experiences to think of possible reasons/triggers. But at the same time, you are definitely entitled to not talk about anything that you’re not ready to talk about. Counselling is definitely not an easy process - it can involve bringing up a lot of painful experiences as you’ve described above - so you’re so so brave for taking it, and experiencing discomfort for the sake of recovery.

In the meantime, do you have any coping methods that can help you deal with your emotions? This can be something simple as walking in nature, watching your favourite TV show…etc. Maybe writing down in a journal about how you felt, or talking about this with a trusted person can help you lighten the load on your chest.

Additionally, for your next session, it may help to talk about how you felt after your last session, so that they can reflect with you to find a better way to approach difficult topics like this. It can possibly help to plan something to look forward to after your counselling sessions, like reading a book to relax.

As always, we’re here for you. Sending lots of hugs <3

@SpaceOtter - Help decorate the Christmas Tree!
Happy December, (sorry this post is a little late). Its time to decorate the Christmas tree.

Below is a drawing of a tree. And it would be awesome if you could help us decorate it.

Gbhpoxj.jpg

[Image description: a drawing of a Christmas tree without any decorations or a star]

Just post your drawing of a Christmas decoration Below and i can edit it onto our tree.

Dont worry if you don't want to use digital art,you can draw or make a decoration and take a picture of it and it can still be edited it onto the tree.

And if you want to get involved but dont like creative things you could always take a photo of your favourite hanging decoration.

Thank you for your help and i hope you have a very happy December!

@Millie2787 - Christmas Wave Of Light
Wave of light is something that is done in October to recognise the loss of babies - I thought we could do something similar to recognise those who are celebrating Christmas in the absence of a loved one 🎄

I thought we could have a simple post where people could post a photo of a candle - Followed by (If they wish to) a description of a loved one that the candle is for ❤️

yk8ki780ltmf.jpeg

My Candle is for My beautiful Louie loaf who we lost earlier this year , My Nanna B & S and my Nephew A 🎄⭐️ All shining Stars having there own party up there.

@faolan - On Opening up a bit
Hey mate,

I get where you're coming from. It must be tough being out of work, especially when it feels like everyone else is moving forward. Life is weird, It's like, you're in your 20s, and society has this checklist: job, college, relationships, and if you're not ticking those boxes, you start questioning yourself but it shouldn’t be that way😕

I totally get what you’re saying about the workers, but honestly, most people are too caught up in their own lives to give it much thought. And sure, you could be doing anything , working from home, doing online education, just happens to be a day off.. anything, so it would be hard for them to judge.

And about not having a girlfriend or struggling academically, mate, everyone's timeline is different. Don’t put too much on yourself. 20’s is still young 😅

The key thing is, you're recognising where you're at and you want to change. That's a big step. You're thinking about college again, which is a solid move. It shows you're not giving up, you're just finding your path. And it's okay to worry about the future, about whether you'll end up in a job you don't like. But you're thinking about these things, which means you won't just settle. You're looking for something that fits you, and that's important.

Just remember, it's not about how fast you go, it's about moving forward, even if it's just small steps. You've got this year to make changes, and it sounds like you're gearing up for it. Just take it one day at a time.
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

January Post of The Month Poll 9 votes

independent_ - On "On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?
11% 1 vote
Amy22 - On Introduction
0% 0 votes
Kaii - On First Session
11% 1 vote
SpaceOtter - Help decorate the Christmas Tree!
22% 2 votes
Millie2787 - Christmas Wave of Light
22% 2 votes
Faolan - On Opening up a bit
33% 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I just wanted to say well done to everyone who got nominated and also thank you to those that nominated me as well. You are all amazing!!!. It was so hard voting for these even though one did stand out the most to me especially as you brightend up my day once but so did everyone else's. Co grass to everyone who got nominated 👏
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Well done everyone! Some really special posts here.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Spoiler alert: At the moment, three posts have the same number of votes! We need more people to vote before Wednesday so there can be a winner :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Oh wow these are all amazing posts from the community!! Many congrats to everyone who got nominated, and thank you so much to whoever nominated me, it's such an honour <3 good luck to everyone :)
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )