Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saturdays

DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
My parents & brother were very different on Saturdays compared to all other days of the week.

My father shouted a lot every Saturday, but rarely on other days of the week. Most of it was shouting at my mother whilst he was in the bathroom & she wasn't. None of what he shouted was important or urgent, so I don't know why he didn't instead say it to her before or after going to the bathroom.

My mother spent all of every Saturday morning in bed, not getting up until well into the afternoon. She always got up early every morning on all other days of the week. She never worked long hours, went out on Friday nights or stayed up later on Fridays, so there was no reason for her needing to spend much more time in bed on Saturdays.

My brother spent four hours in the bathroom each Saturday, from 9am to 1pm, but never spent anything like that long in there on any other day of the week.

I've never understood any of this; can anyone think of any possible reasons? As I'm no longer in contact with my family I don't know whether or not they're still like that on Saturdays.

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Hey @David, that's an interesting situation. I can't really seem to make sense of it myself. What's the reason this came to mind recently?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    During recent weeks, I heard many people talk about family, which made me remember that all three of them had a different, regular, Saturday-specific peculiarity. It's baffling & I wonder if there was a reason for it. Though very regular, they must have each been consciously choosing to do that every Saturday & only Saturday. No-one has OCD for one day a week only. I'd understand doing a particular hobby once a week, such as playing a particular sport, but their Saturday rituals were nothing of the sort.