Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TheMix Book Club!

2»

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 474 Listening Ear
    Anyone else excited about the new hunger games book announcement?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,344 Part of The Furniture
    Funny you say this, I literally rewatched the whole movie series recently (they hold up so well by the way) and I was going to read the books next. Had no idea there was a new one.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    willowtreeswillowtrees Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    @lunarcat522

WHATTTTT!! Thank you so much for telling me this, otherwise I wouldn't have known. <3 Do you know of any other information about it, whether it would be an extension of the Ballard? Or would it be about the life of Katniss and Peta after the Games were abolished? I can't believe I hadn't heard about this since I talk about it a lot amongst my friends.

I have read all of the books several times, and The Hunger Games was actually what brought me the love for reading when I was in primary school.
  • Options
    willowtreeswillowtrees Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    @lunarcat522

No way!! I've just been reading about it, and I honestly can't believe that it'll be about Haymitch. I honestly loved reading the part where Katniss and Peeta secretly watched his tape, and I was sad that in the film they didn't even mention about it at all. Now we will get to know all about it!!

My friends were talking about how it would be so interesting to have books of how the other victors won their Games, and now that's what we will get! And Haymitch is probably the most interesting story I think, especially as I think he became close to the other District 12 tribute.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,136 Community Veteran

OMG I seen the post for the new Hunger Games book and I am super hyped up for it. Im halfway through MockingJay at the moment because I am terribly behind on reading. I think I started reading it during lockdown :scream: . I have heard some interesting theories on the new book as it's meant to be a prequel so not a sequel. I have heard rumours, its about Haymitch's hunger games and the second quarter quell so will be exciting how that turns out. Also, I am hoping it is a good read because I know prequels can go one or two ways where they are either done very well or badly. So I have got mixed feelings about this one. But I hope it does The Hunger Games series justice. I know a lot of fans have been doing predictions of the book and it sounds like it may be a multi narrative / multiple character povs throughout the book which will be interesting.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 889 Part of The Mix Family
    Ahh summer book recommendations are needed! Also, I’ve never been a massive hunger games farm but I have heard but the new book
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.