Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Morning 🌄

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Gd morning. Wats a gd response to say to depressed adults or song or ....? I'm finally goin out today 😊 I still think of wen I used to sing ' the skies r burn with thunder' r they still? Fortunately I'm not there anymore 🙂
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I h8 feeling bad wat ppl do. Its overload BOOM
    I hav to sing 'don't worry, about a thing....' so ppl b happy ffs
    Do some ppl like to be depressed infront of me coz they no it'll will affect me?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Are you emotionally close to the depressed adults? If you are, sometimes depressed people might just want someone to listen to them. Or perhaps they might want something to distract them from their depression. But if you aren't emotionally close to them, then it's not necessarily your responsibility to help them, especially if you are younger and have your own issues.

You shouldn't feel like you have to sing certain songs to make other people feel happy, You should just sing whatever you feel like singing. Other people can make the choice whether to listen or not. Though if people don't want you singing, then maybe just sing when you are by yourself or in your own space.

Sometimes depressed people may just be depressed, no matter who they are with. But if someone knows that how they feel will affect you, then it may be best to spend less time around the, if possible.

Hope you are okay <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Maisy bc i take listen to every1s issues, thts wen it drives me crazy. tell me tht everythings alright plz.!!!! i think about wat i hav to deal with n wat others vent to me n i get sad. how do u ignore ppl enough to thnk positively?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Morning @ellie2000 how are you this morning. I can understand how others emotions can make you feel overwhelmed or sad and it can be hard not to take this on personally. Self care is important and sometimes its about trying your best to be empathetic to the person but also taking a sep back and prioritising your own wellbeing.After a difficult conversation you could always do an act of self care or in a nice way tell the person that they could reach out to other places ie the mix if they need more support. Hope this helps <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 @Maisy I'm meh, is usual that the meds cause u to have complainy moments, seeing things how they r, wen ur unhappy with how situations play out or is that just life?
    Also wats 'rethink' about
    Crazy mad insane