Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having a filter

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Do u have 2 change ur behaviour if the person u r with don't like it?
I sed to them that I have no filter wen they see I was odd. I sed I dislike tories, wanted the town I was in to go boom n I sed I liked a person who was priminister in their day.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Is a professional person in the field of care supposed to say 'get in ur flat'
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hahaha hahaha this shows boomers r passed it
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    It depends on who you are with. We might have to change our behaviour for others if they are in a position of authority over us e.g. teachers, social workers, doctors, therapists, as they are there to help us and they might not be able to do that very well if what they want to do and what we want to do clash. So it can be good to slightly change your behaviour with these people. But for other people, like friends and family, as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others, then generally, it shouldn't have to feel like you have to change yourself to fit in (although there may be some disagreements, friends and family should respect who you are).

It also depends on what was going on when the professional person said 'get in your flat'. Were they trying to keep you out of danger? Or was there another reason why they said that? It's not the best wording as they should've asked you to 'please stay in your flat' or something, rather than 'get in your flat' but it's difficult to say without actually knowing what was going on.

It seems like there is some conflict between you and others like professional people. Do you want to talk more about this?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Maisy she didnt agree with wat i was saying, i was jk about conservative party, i think i got her rifled. n today i found a flat im moving into has been overdue, coz ppl wont tell me wats hpning, idk y? i sed ' ill k*ll his wife n b*rn his house down' im not really but im frustrated,
    Crazy mad insane