Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

October achievements!

kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
Hi everyone! How fast time flies... it's already the first of November! It's crazy to think that 2023 will end soon. As I've been doing, I thought it would be great to reflect on what we have achieved for this month, as I think celebrating our accomplishments, no matter how big or small, can contribute to greater mental wellbeing! You can write as many achievements as you want! :3

Here are my achievements:
- I'm thankful that I achieved a first as my overall grade in my second year of uni
- I'm proud of myself for completing a full month of Inktober - a drawing challenge throughout October where you create an ink drawing everyday which relates to the daily prompts and share it on social media! I surprised myself for drawing a little each day and staying consistent with my art progress!
- I'm happy that I'm able to carry out a full EEG (electroencephalography) testing session without needing any help from the PhD student who trained me! I feel really confident with the procedures and I'm really looking forward to testing participants soon!

I'm proud of you all, wishing everyone a great November! :3<3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    @sinead276, getting through uni is so tough, I'm glad that you were able to stay productive whilst also taking care of yourself! It's really difficult to get that balance <3

@Terry8936, congrats on your assignment results and for finishing lots of interviews! That's really incredible. It's also lovely traveling with friends, I hope you had a good time!

@lunarcat522, well done for presenting in front of the class and for getting through the first days back at college! I'm so proud of you :3

Hope everyone has a great November <3
  • Options
    @ebyrne556, amazing job!! I hope you've been able to find a balance between volunteering and taking care of yourself! Thank you so much for the wonderful work you've been doing! When you need to, please give yourself as much time as you need to rest and we're always here for you too! <3

@Katie12, ahh well done!! I find submitting assignments super challenging - which is why I prefer doing exams XD I have so much respect for you!! Good luck with the rest of your assignments!

@LydsRose9, wow it's incredible that you got an interview! Best of luck with it if you haven't done it already! If you had it, I hope it went well!

Well done everyone!! Hope you're all having a great November so far <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,811 Master Poster
    I performed my song that I wrote for the first time. I performed it for an audition for a show at my school. Unfortunately didn’t get it but it was a brilliant experience to be able to finally show my work.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    That’s so lovely @Dancer! I really admire your bravery to audition with your original song for a show at your school! Even though you didn’t manage to get the part, you should be so so proud of yourself!! It must feel so freeing, finally showcasing your work, really amazing job! Hopefully there will be more opportunities for you to show more of your work, and that you’ll be successful next time around! :3<3
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 613 Incredible Poster
    This is such a lovely thread! <3 Well done to everyone, I have so enjoyed reading through all of your achievements. 🎉

For me, I'm proud of myself for supporting my friends through something really difficult this month, prioritising quality time with family & friends, and cooking healthier meals that make me feel good :).
  • Options
    @Gemma I'm so happy to hear that you've been able to spend some time with family and friends! You're so lovely for supporting your friends, I'm sure they immensely appreciated your support! I'm glad to hear that you're happy when cooking healthy meals - I'd also like to try this more often! Maybe it will be something to do this November hehe :smile:<3