Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Question about organisions

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I was on the phone to a sa support organisation, and I got asked if I got ptsd. Why do they ask tht? If I hav ptsd I wouldn't be phoning 4 help ffs
H8 it wen ppl doubt me
Does tht make sense
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    I guess sometimes organisations ask questions to see if they can help us more or refer us to someone else who can help us. So maybe the organisation felt they could offer you more support if you do have ptsd or maybe they felt they couldn't give you the support you needed but could refer you to another organisation for help with ptsd.

Either way, it's understandable that you would hate feeling like they doubted you. When reaching out for support, you expect to be listened to and understood- not doubted. I'm sorry you didn't get the support you were looking for at the time, but I hope this experience doesn't put you off from continuing to reach out for support- there are people out there who will understand you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.