Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

word meanings

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,996 Community Veteran
is SA the same as the R word wen ur speaking to organisations who deal with tht kind of thing?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    SherlockSherlock Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hi Ellie,

If I'm correct in assuming we are thinking of the same word that begins R, then they have slightly different technical meanings but essentially mean the same thing. Here's a extract from the Sexual Offences Act of 2003:

'SA' is defined as sexual touching without consent and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.
    'R' is defined as someone with a penis penetrating another person's vagina, anus or mouth without consent, and carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Hope this helps <3
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 649 Incredible Poster
    Pretty much what Sherlock said. But just wanted to add that it depends on where the organisation is.

In the UK, we use the words in the same way that Sherlock described- technically only someone with a penis can R.

But if it's an American organisation, the R can be caused by any body part or object penetrating someone else without their consent (in the UK, this would be SA as only the penetration with a penis without consent is involved in R in UK law).

Hope that makes sense <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    I echo what was said above, but I’m sure that the organisation has a lot of experience so will be able to point you in the right direction. I hope everything is okay <3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,996 Community Veteran
    Crazy mad insane