Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mornings

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,006 Community Veteran
Why do u feel wierd even wen uve had extensive therapy and no alcohol?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    The flee feeling
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    heya again @ellie2000 sorry this post has been missed out.Thank you for your question.Sometimes even after chatting through our feelings /problems and comingup with helpful solutios we still might feel them or have conflicting emotions around them. but these emotions are valid and we all experience them at times. You have mentioned the flee feeling would you be able to explain a bit more about what that feeling is/what it is like for you? Just so Im understanding you correctly <3 How have things been for you in the last few days? We are all here if you want to chat more <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 tht flee feeling is like waking up feelin like something has happened the night before, how do feel like Ur happy for the mornings?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 159 Helping Hand
    Hey @ellie2000

Thank you for describing your feelings ellie, it's great you've been engaging so much with the boards. To answer your question, I think it's first important to keep in mind that healing is usually a long journey and it might take a while to feel happy again. It might feel 'weird' for quite a while but you're doing so well and something that always makes me feel better is to think about how things have gotten better when compared to the past. I remember that in a previous post you mentioned that you now live in a kinder and more supporting community.

Another common way i've seen people use to deal with negative feelings is meditation. Have you ever tried something like that?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    hi @ellie2000 , mornings can often be a tricky time, especially when you're struggling with your mental health. The best tip I use is to write down three things I'm looking forward to the night before and then read it as soon as I wake up. Hope this makes your mornings a little brighter!
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000 Feeling "weird" or experiencing persistent emotional discomfort even after undergoing extensive therapy and avoiding alcohol can be attributed to several factors. If you find that persistent feelings of "weirdness" are affecting your well-being, it's important to discuss these feelings with your mental health professional.