Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Asking ppl to tlk

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,996 Community Veteran
Is asking 2 ppl to email my keyworker gd n why if it is? Or is too much
Is venting how I feel to a person too much

xx
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 654 Incredible Poster
    edited September 2023
    Venting can give us a lot of relief, @ellie2000, to let everything out and release some stress. It does matter who we are venting to though, whether they will be supportive of us, listen to our problems, and then potentially offer us some potential solutions or ways to move past things.

It can be therapeutic at times, especially if we are able to get someone's perspective on things. Sometimes if we vent without hearing other people's thoughts, we can only rehash a particular incident, putting us in a loop, and making it harder to detach ourselves from the situation. Asking someone to share their perspective, can often help us to think differently and so in that way, venting can be really useful.

In terms of asking people to email your keyworker. Is there a reason you feel this would be helpful? :)
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,996 Community Veteran
    @Gemma find alot of ppl cbfa, if it comes frm 2 ppl, It would give them a kick, is tht true?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 847 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @ellie2000 It might help! Sometimes they might prioritise the urgency of the situation but it could be helpful to get things across faster.We are here for you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2023
    Hey @ellie2000, just chiming in here. I'd say it really depends on the situation, would you be able to explain a bit more about the situation?

In most cases, the best thing to do is either remind the person (they may simply forgotten). Or if it needs more attention, raise it to your senior and they can speak to the person. I'd avoid getting multiple people involved like this unless it's really urgent and they've missed repeated reminders. It's an effective tool, but not one I'd use too freely otherwise people will respond negatively/dismiss it, or even do it back to you (which isn't fun!). So it's best to exercise caution and judge wisely here.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.