Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi

malachitmalachit Posts: 2 Newbie
edited September 2023 in Introduce Yourself
How are you? My name is kai a blind boy.

I wanted to come on here today to talk about myself and how I do things as a blind person, I am now opening the space for any questions you’ve ever wanted to ask a blind person.

Feel free to ask them below, feeling a little late today so need something to do, please remember no question is a silly question.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community Kai, it's lovely to have you here. I'm Aife, the community manager here at The Mix.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and opening up a space for us to ask you questions. We're also here to support you too so if you would like to get any support or join in with some of the fun activities we have going on here, you are very welcome to :)

We're always wanting to improve our community spaces and I'd love to know about your experience joining the community and posting. If there's any improvements you would recommend to help make them more accessible, do let us know :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @malachit welcome to the Mix! I look forward to learning more about the experience of being blind. Hope you've had a good week <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @malachit welcome to our lovely community, I too also am interested about your experiences as a blind person in society. I hope you enjoy it on here as much as I do <3. Take care, and have a great week or weekend as the weekend is coming up soon

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix so lovely to have you here as part of the community <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hi @malachit , welcome!! :)
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Kai, welcome to the community! Its nice to meet you. Hope you're doing alright :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Hi @malachit ! Welcome to the community ! <3
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Hello Kai, welcome to our community! Hope you're doing well and that you enjoy it here! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )