Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

being happyy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,007 Community Veteran
i sed in a shop tht i was sad to someone n everybody reacted, even though they wasnt bein tlkd to. they saw me laughin wen im really sad. is laughing normal to cover wAt ur feeling?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I open up to any1 who is available. I only sed it coz they sed. 'U didn't answer yesterday'. Then I went BOOM
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000 - I think it is ‘normal’ to mask your true feelings, sometimes due to feelings of awkwardness or self preservation, laughing when feeling sad is a particularly common thing to do.

Perhaps the people that heard you were concerned for you, sometimes if people hear something, even if it wasn’t directed at them, they feel they need or want to reply as they don’t like people to feel sad.

Did it annoy you that everybody reacted?
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 I moved to a different town now. Would tht make the person act differently towards me?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? We're all here for you :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    @LydsRose9 I moved to a different town now. Would tht make the person act differently towards me?
    It is possible, but of course everyone is different and have differing reasons for a change in their behaviour - is there any way you could ask this person why they’re acting differently? Is it bothering you that they’re acting that way?
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @Stephanie @LydsRose9 im gd, im just thinking, wen i let stuff out in the last town ppl werent helpful, but in this town im in they take time to understand
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really positive that you are now in a town where people take the time to understand @ellie2000. How does this make you feel? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 @LydsRose9 @Stephanie I find ppls nice behaviour scary. Ppl act like kittens now rather than untrained German sheppards
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 159 Helping Hand
    Hello @ellie2000

It's great you feel like people have been trying to understand you more in this new town and the environment we live in can have a really big impact on us so i'm glad everyone has been nice.

It's understandable that you might find nice people scary if you're not used to people being this nice in the first place. Hopefully you'll get used to it soon and I hope you keep meeting kind and understanding people.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - agreed with @genderless_fungi, it's normal to feel a little cautious around people when we're not sure of their intentions, or if we're not used to being treated well. It sounds like you're in a place where people are understanding, and over time, you'll be more able to tell who you feel more comfortable talking to and spending time with. It's a process, but hopefully you'll discover some friendly and caring people to connect with :)