Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's been your highlight of the summer holidays?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
edited September 2023 in General Chat
Hey all!

We're in September now, which means it's near the end of the summer holidays. It's a lot of time to be off from normal school etc, and lots of people here have been involved in all sorts of cool things, so I thought it'd be nice to share them here.

What have been your highlight moments of the summer holidays? It might be something you've created; perhaps you got to travel to a really cool place; or maybe you experienced a happy moment under the summer sun?

Let us know down below!
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    to be honest I've had a rather chilled summer but have spent a fair bit of time reading in the sun or going on walks with my friends (on the few days which were sunny last month for me).

Hope everyone has had a great summer and can't wait to hear what you've all been up too

Sending Hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    To be honest I think for me I didn't much this summer, but a highlight would probably be signing up to the trainee film apprentice scheme as well as graduating from my college course too. I haven't done much though this Summer eventhough looking back I wished I went out more and stuff but other irl stuff got in the way <3

@LydsRose9 Buying a typewriter sounds awesome. I think I got a typewriter somewhere but it belongs to my mum and she gave it to me. I don't know where she has put it though xd it's probably hiding somewhere around the house.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kids going back to school 😂
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    I am very grateful that i was able to go on holiday with my friends over summer, think that has to be the highlight.
    @Amy22 a trainee film apprentice scheme sounds so cool!
  • Options
    sinead276 wrote: »
    to be honest I've had a rather chilled summer but have spent a fair bit of time reading in the sun or going on walks with my friends (on the few days which were sunny last month for me).

Hope everyone has had a great summer and can't wait to hear what you've all been up too

Sending Hugs,
    Sinead

Did you have a favourite book that you read?? I am starting to read so much more again and need some recommendations :)
  • Options
    Katie12 wrote: »
    I am very grateful that i was able to go on holiday with my friends over summer, think that has to be the highlight.

It does sound cool I had two interviews with the bbc which were terrifying but I did it. I just got to wait to hear back from them to see if I got onto the scheme 😂
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Katie12 wrote: »

It does sound cool I had two interviews with the bbc which were terrifying but I did it. I just got to wait to hear back from them to see if I got onto the scheme 😂

That's amazing! whether you got onto the scheme or not, just getting through the interviews is so good! :) Can imagine they were very scary!
  • Options
    @Katie12 aw thank you! It was a bit scary at first but when I got to met my interviewers they were very friendly and helpful. I think I might have got it too *wink*.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Katie12 aw thank you! It was a bit scary at first but when I got to met my interviewers they were very friendly and helpful. I think I might have got it too *wink*.

Ahhhh that's amazing well done!
  • Options
    Aw thnx @Katie12