Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emotional with triggers

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,007 Community Veteran
Wat techniques do ppl use to block everything out, Dreams or feelings of the town b4. I DREAMT I went back to hh and wen I got out the car I got splated to death.
If ppl who go off why does it feelings rub off?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @ellie2000 just checking in from me as i know this post was from a few days ago. Im hearing diffcult emotions and dreams are coming out about the town that you lived in before and are wondering what techniques people use to help manage these feelings.It depends really but i think the main thing is that you to something that helps you to feel better and allows you to process what you have been through but in a safe way.Have you tried speaking to someone about how you are feeling? Sometimes that can be hard but even writing things down can help me to process whats happening.Hope that makes sense and Sending hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 telling my counciler about the person who was bothering me got him arrested 😀😀why do ppl listen to adults/and other professional ppl? Wen I'm concerned about something ppl say 'yhyh, we'll deal with it l8r it's on our list' n nothing gets done? Nd he played knock down ginger, where someone knocks n runaway, is tht legal?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 BTW I don't mind if u go to post tht are awhile ago 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    As you have highlighted @ellie2000, you absolutely deserve to feel listened to too. How have things been for you more recently? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @ellie2000 I hear that you are wondering if it is illegal that they knocked the door and ran away. Sometimes people do it as a prank but it’s not necessarily funny I don’t think
    I’m glad to hear that people are being a bit more supportive. How have things been for you this week? Here if you need to chat😌
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 @Laura_tigger82 I been trying to to find stuff to do, stuff is expensive. Wat were those links free learning stuff? I emailed the company tht did maths n English which I signed up wen i was younger Nd they sed they re no more now.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I went away from it bc I had lots of negative things happening at the time
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000 , just wanted to pop in and ask how you're feeling at the moment? Do you still maybe experience negative thinking ? Are things any better for you?
  • Options
    @vicky_zin I went out😊, but it's hard bc of systems ppl hav. I'm gd though, r places in uk goin cashless? Nd which?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, glad to hear you're doing well! The UK is becoming increasingly cashless, but there are plenty of places that will still accept cash. Best bet is to keep both on hand! Do you have a preference, and if so, why?
  • Options
    @Azziman wat about those who r afraid to become overdrawn bc shops take money out later?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    @ellie2000 There are some that aren't comfortable with using cards, one of them being that they're afraid to spend too much (and possibly become overdrawn) because they can't "see" the money they're spending. Plenty of places still do take cash though, so it's not something I'd be too concerned with at the moment - those who rely on cash, especially those who are less tech-savvy and older people, are making their voices heard to ensure cash has a future in the UK. There's lots of media reporting about the topic, if you want to find out more about the discussion :)