Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

August achievements!

kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
Hi everyone! How has August been for you? I can't believe it's almost September! :open_mouth:

As I've been doing each month, it would be nice to hear your answers to the question: what have you done this month that made you proud? Every achievement counts - you are entitled to feeling proud of yourselves, no matter how big or small the achievement is! :3

Here are my achievements:
- I've completed my first digital artwork! Usually, I'd give up because I find digital art quite difficult and so I end up feeling unhappy with the way my art looks on there. I'm grateful that I didn't give up this time!
- I'm really happy with the progress I've been making with my driving lessons! I'm finally able to drive on the main road :smile:
- I'm glad that I reached out for some help from my placement supervisor and the other placement student who I'll be working with ^^ I was scared and hesitant at first as I thought it wasn't the decision that was expected of me (my placement supervisor values independence). But I realised that it's better to be meticulous when carrying out my job instead of just carrying it out carelessly!

Well done everyone for getting through August! I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's achievements this month! <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    @Amy22, thank you so much! What you achieved this month is incredible! Congratulations for passing your courses and landing 2 interviews from the BBC studios!! This sounds like a wonderful opportunity, so best of luck to you :3<3

Also, the digital artwork that I finished is here! It’s not perfect, but I hope you like it!

1zas1qgn318x.jpeg

@lunarcat522, these are amazing achievements, well done!! How has volunteering at a charity bookshop been? Congratulations on getting some of your poems published! It must feel incredible to show your work to the world! I’m proud of you for reaching out for your mental health as well. I hope you managed to get the support you needed! And good job for helping out with designing logos and posters, I bet they look awesome!! <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Aww thank you so much @kaii I love your artwork it's fantastic well done, those would be lovely phone wallpapers :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @kaii Your art is absolutely amazing it looks great! Volunteering has been really good, I'm really into books and reading and I'm considering doing something book related as a job either working somewhere like Waterstones or being an editor possibly? Thank you about the poems! It was my first attempt at writing them as it was just from stuff in my notes app, so I thought I could maybe do something with them. I'm having an initial meeting with a mental health charity which is honestly slightly nerve wracking as it's something I'm doing in private for the most part, but I'm hoping they can help. Designing the logo and posters was really fun as it's not something I've officially had the opportunity to do before apart from coursework so being asked was quite cool!

Hope you're having a good day!
  • Options
    No problem @Amy22! And thank you so much Amy and @lunarcat522, I’m really glad that you like my art! It really means a lot hehe <3

@lunarcat522, it’s really cool that you’re into books!! And working at Waterstones is such a dream! It seems really peaceful there, being surrounded by books :3 hopefully in the future you’ll be able to work somewhere book related!

I hope that the initial meeting with the mental health charity goes well for you! I can understand your nervousness, but it’s very admirable that you’ve taken the huge first step to get the support you need! Hopefully it will all work out for you :smile:

Hope you’re doing great, and have a lovely rest of your day <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @kaii That artwork is amazing!! Well done! =)

And well done to everyone else too for all the great achievements!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    @kaii i love your picture so much so talented and yes well done everyone those are great achievements and you should be very proud of yourselves. Here’s to September <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.