Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

back to school

Maria2008Maria2008 Posts: 146 Helping Hand
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi guys just tryna do some back to school shopping but everywhere is too expensive whos gonna buy a pack of ten plain bic pens for £5.00 and i went to get some trousers for my bro and 29.99 for a pair of plain ass trousers insane so if u want to reccomend any stationery feel free to post love u all xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,281 Wise Owl
    bro sainsburys has like 50 black biros for 2 quid
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    cool thnx @Xee x
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Wilko is having a sale at the minute 30% off stationary, so I’d defo recommend there. And Primark is great for trousers (but they only have them in adult sizes) or supermarkets usually do cheap school clothes
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    I know Poundland are good for stationary cause you can get a pack of pens for a pound I think which is pretty good. I know most supermarkets will be expensive cause of back to school week and they rack the prices way too high like. I know some shops will sell uniform for a good price. I think there is also this website online I'll try to google it.

Theres this website called you know who's which sell clothing for quite cheap <3

https://youknowwhos.co.uk/
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,281 Wise Owl
    got a new bag and pencil case for 6th form and I got my bag ready with a spare notebook and tissues and hand sanitizer and pads and lip gloss and so much new stationery aaah I love this shit I love getting ready for a fresh start but OMFG idek what school I'm going to it's stressing me out so much I HATE the not knowing
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    thnx everyone
  • Options
    @Amy22 thnx for the website
  • Options
    @Maria2008 no worries there should be some school related clothing on there which is cheaper than your normal shop like asda or sainburys
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,860 Master Poster
    edited August 2023
    I think that The Works are doing discounts at the moment on a lot of their stuff. I went there a couple of weeks ago with one of my friends and a lot of the stuff was less than £4. I only actually got a notebook from there though. Primark also do bags at a fairly cheap price. I got a schoolbag for £9
    And it's big enough to fit a 6 year old into. Btw, no children were harmed. The kids chose to climb into the bag.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    The Works are so so good for back to school supplies I know that they are doing discounts on a lot of their stuff especially stationary. If you have a member club card too you can also get points off which means the more points you have you can get stuff reduced and discounted on your card so you pay less than normal <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya How’s everyone feeling about back to school? I agree with the works but Tesco’s and Asda are also good. I got some zebra mid liners for £8 for 15 and they were double sided in Asda so id recommend going their hehe
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Maria2008. I can see you have already received quite a lot of support from our wonderful community. I have moved your thread to the school and education section of our community just so more people can respond with any ideas we may not have thought of yet - I hope that is okay! I would also say Wilko :p unfortunately, a lot of the supermarkets do rapidly increase the costs of stationery nearing going back :/
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Heya How’s everyone feeling about back to school? I agree with the works but Tesco’s and Asda are also good. I got some zebra mid liners for £8 for 15 and they were double sided in Asda so id recommend going their hehe

I love the zebra midliner's I think I got myself a pack somewhere in my room which I used for college. I love that they got a chisel tip and bullet tip too so you can make notes pretty <3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    @ebyrne556 I love the zebra midliners, I find them really useful for revision and colour-coding! My favourite pens for writing are the Pilot G-2 07 as they're quite smooth and make my writing look nice!
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Maria2008 - I know you’ve already had a lot of replies but just thought I’d let you know that second hand sites like Vinted sell a variety of clothes in a range of sizes from so many brands, and they’re often very reasonably priced - and you can make offers on items if you think the price is a bit steep! You can also find stationary on there too - much of it brand new!

I hope this helps :3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 Vinted is very good and there's also depop too which sell different things on there
  • Options
    thnx @LydsRose9 and @Amy22 as well as everyone else i was actually just gonna right everyones @name down but realised that take too long
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    For anyone who's still looking around, Wilko have a big sale on at the moment on everything (including stationery/school stuff), since they've gone into administration. Well worth a look around if you get the chance!
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Don't forget charity shops! My local ones have some plain trousers, school shirts, backpacks, and some stationary too. I know that's not always the case but it can help to cut the cost even further if the charity shops around you also have similar things.
  • Options
    Got to agree with @Maisy there as charity shops are so handy for back to school stuff especially certain items such as shirts. Plus some charity shops will offer that stuff at a reduced price to a normal shop or back to school outlet too.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya hows everyone finding back to school? Ahh good shout on charity shops i neve even thought to look their except for books haha.Thank you!
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 It's been alright, a few bumps in the road with lecturers not implementing accommodations and the new classes but the content is really interesting.
  • Options
    Heya hows everyone finding back to school? Ahh good shout on charity shops i neve even thought to look their except for books haha.Thank you!

I got one of my media theories books from one once where I used to work and I think it was a university library book too :lol: what people put in charity shops amazes me
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Amy22 wrote: »

I got one of my media theories books from one once where I used to work and I think it was a university library book too :lol: what people put in charity shops amazes me

I agree, I volunteer at a couple of bookshops and I got a textbook on my reading list for £2!