Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Psychiatrist mentioned about being able to live in my own council house quite soon??

spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
Just as the title says - my psychiatrist just generally talked about me being able to live in my own council house in the near future. How would that work?? I have no clue if I'm deserving of it seeing other people's situations, but seeing if the NHS thinks it's that bad my life must be really really messed up. I'm just confused as to why she would say this, how it would work and just generally everything about it. Anyone have any sort of clue?

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2023
    I wonder if your psychiatrist has assessed that moving out will help your mental health? Is that something you've talked about or something she might have concluded?

Not sure on the procedural side. I know you can apply for council housing yourself, but there may be people who can make a case for you or prioritise you in the waiting list. I'm not certain how that side of it works exactly and your psych might have more insight.

Either way I'd encourage you to be kind to yourself - you absolutely deserve it and if this has come from a medical assessment then they must think it's justified. :)

I remember seeing this in another post of yours - moving out is something you want, right?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
    @JustV yeah, especially around my dad - I my mum's brilliant and she wants the best for me, but I'm pretty sure it's my dad that made me out the way I am, in terms of being diagnosed with bpd and all that gobbledygook. I think they've said that in the way it would definitely help getting away from him, as we think it would be beneficial to even my own safety - not from him, but from myself if that makes sense? Honestly the more I think about it the more it makes sense, that need to be punished, that mentality that "I can never do anything wrong" he's just implanted on me - I guess I'm just proud that I'm able to identify and accept it, but then comes the hard part of working on it. Honestly I think I'm way too much of a mess to be able to be fixed but all I want is to be able to stop 'punishing' myself for even just existing - it all just makes so much sense (either that or it's just a random 2am mind altering thought lol). I know it will really do me good moving out, and into my own house - Jesus Christ I'm lucky. I feel bad complaining about the NHS professionals, I understand they've been trying their best - although my cmht, I think they just see me as some moody attention seeking kid who's overreacting about absolutely everything, they won't even see me after 3 back to back suicide attempts lmao. Ive kinda just realized with the complete lack of treatment for bpd, this is the least they can do which I really appreciate
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    As you have said @IainJammyboy it can often be harder to work on it than accept it and identify it. However, you are making so much progress and you deserve all the support you need. It is also perfectly ok to recognise what some members of the mental health team are doing to support you and the not-so-good points about the mental health team. They can be both helpful and not so helpful <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.