Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feel like I’ll be single forever now:(

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
edited August 2023 in Sex & Relationships
Hi guys I feel like I’ll be single forever now I found out my ex is already in a new relationship already :( and no one else would be in a relationship with me because I have a wheelchair that’s how I feel. My ex didn’t have a wheelchair but I feel like I won’t find love again 😞it’s just made me feel lonely now thinking about it
Post edited by Laura_tigger82 on

Comments

• Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    I can see how this can really put you down and perceive your future as hopeless. Knowing that you've faced a life-changing circumstance where you are dependent on a wheelchair, I can see how easy it is to perceive other aspects of their life as being similar to your circumstances - that being less qualitative or undesirable or perhaps lost. It will undeniably affect particular parts of your life but it doesn't eliminate the possibility of experiencing the many joys in life. Remember, it may affect but doesn't eliminate. I believe you can find love - Love is a matter of the heart, right? I can see that your current feelings come from the comparison made between your current life and your ex's. It is important to know that this comparison is not an indication of where you're heading in life. What is happening to one now may happen to another in time. Forming a new relationship does take time and effort. For some it may be quicker and for others not as there is no set reason as to why this is the case. @_Tech_Addict_Girl , you got this! You can find love. You will find love. There is someone out there who will love you and is even searching for someone like you as we speak. Though I cannot prove this, to 'find' love does suggest that love is a journey into the unknown; so I can say that your fate regarding finding love is not certain. :3
    Sending hugs <3
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl, we hear you. It sounds like you're having a difficult time with the situation, and it can really hurt when someone else moves on. These are completely natural to feel, and your emotions are valid. Time is a healer in these situations, and it's important to lean on close ones and support networks as you go through these feelings <3

I think @CaniceQ has given lots of great input here. To echo, I also believe that you can find someone who will love you and be your companion. Never say never, because you never know who you might meet in the future :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @CaniceQ @Azziman thank you for the advice and kind words❤️❤️
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl. I would just like you to know that I have moved your post to the sex and relationships category just so, hopefully, more people will be able to respond to you soon. In the meantime, I wondered if you would like to let us know a little more about how you have been doing more recently? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.