Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Trigger warning- Insecure about something

I have something that I feel a bit insecure and ashamed about. I'll put a trigger warning though just in case.
I have a scar on my arm and it's near my wrist. It happened when I burnt my arm when I accidentally put my arm against the pizza tray when taking pizza out of the oven last week. The thing is, the scar looks nothing like a burn. I actually have 2 but one is a lot lighter and smaller but the other is more obvious. I want to cover it up because I don't want people getting the wrong idea about it. I feel like I sort of deserve it though.

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    It's your decision if you want to cover the scar. That said, people shouldn't judge you for it. Many people have scars for all sorts of reasons and most people realise that it would be rude to judge or ask about it. And in your case, it was just an accident and that's something that many people can relate to. You didn't deserve it though <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Completely your decision if you want to cover it up @JulietDances123 however there is no shame in having scars they are perfectly normal, I myself am kind of clumsy and also have a burn mark on my arm from tipping over a cup to tea :p These things just happen and in no way mean that you deserve it <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.