Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Starting to be blocked by helplines

spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
I don't really know where to start with this other than I'm in complete tears - I'm beginning to be blocked by helpline after helpline, I wait hours each day to try see if I can chat to them but each time it comes back with nothing. I guess I don't blame them but that's the only support outwidth the mix but slowly I'm losing each chunk of help piece by piece until I truly will be alone forever - not even with helplines, the people who are supposed to be looking out for us, they don't even want me

Comments

• CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    Honestly, what you've experienced is kinda a fear of mine which prevents me from seeking out help to avoid feelings of abandonment, dejection, and perhaps, betrayal. Helplines, family, friends, caregivers, etc are to act as a safe haven, a place that comforts our soul and thereby assures us that we can live. To lose these, we are reduced to exist, though, it is still possible for us to live but that requires resilience which takes a while to build. So, it is very important that you have some form of support and I'm so glad that you are still reaching out to those helplines despite the common outcome. It's very easy for one to completely believe that no one wants you due to their silence - it feels like your whole world has rejected you but in reality, only part of it has. However, seeking out support despite the repeated lack of response shows that you possess some form of hope (a difficult thing to possess when the surroundings are attempting to extinguish it with cold weather). So, I must say that I'm so proud of you! :3
    I'm so sorry that you have to experience everything that's happening right now. I can completely understand that fear you have since it's one of mine too. I got your back! If anything, I truly want you as if I see you disappear, admittedly, I would feel lost and empty. When I'm not online, I do think about the members here, including you, and it subconsciously fuels my need to log on every day. I believe there are people who want you and support you, even those you may not think of or encountered yet.
    CaniceQ
  • LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @IainJammyboy ,

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. It can’t be easy to be brave enough to reach out for help and then find that the help is not there. It’s really upsetting that these helplines that are here to support us feel that it’s acceptable to abandon us.

However, there are still positives to this situation as @CaniceQ has pointed out. You clearly are very courageous as it takes courage to ask for help and you have done that multiple times, which is so admirable!

Please remember that regardless of the helplines you always have us. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this and the mix community is always here for you, wanting to help in any way we can🩷
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @IainJammyboy - it sounds like what you're going through is really difficult, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been receiving the support that you're looking for. You deserve to be heard and listened to, and I'm really glad that you continue to post here and share your experiences with us. You're a part of our community, and we're glad to have you here :) I hope that you find some luck with a helpline, and that you receive the support that you deserve.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.