Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I just wish I could be loved

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 942 Part of The Mix Family
Sorry if this is really cheesy - apologies in advance. I'm just so lonely, no friends, no relationships and anytime I reach out I'm either looked upon like a weirdo or people are already in a relationship. It's kind of sad but I'm so jealous of people younger than me that don't have to go through COVID during the age of 16 - 18 because they've got so much to look forward to, I never had that chance. Even just trying to look for any sort of relationship at this point just seems so impossible - I'm willing to try anything, but that's probably just wishful thinking

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @IainJammyboy You don't have to apologise about your post being cheesy in fact I'm glad you reached out about this. I totally understand where your coming from in terms of other people being in relationships and struggling with lonliness. As someone who also went through the COVID year I know the feeling of seeing younger people who didn't have to go through it at all especially when we weren't able to see other people too. It sounds like you have been trying to find a relationship but are struggling to do so because of other people not understanding you or they treat you differently. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time. One thing I do know is that there is plenty of time out there before you find the one. I believe that things happen for a reason and one day that person will be there for you. I know and understand what it is like seeing other people in relationships and being happy, this was mostly me during college. However, I wonder if there are any social clubs or places near you where you could go to make friends possibly. Sometimes joining a local club or group can be a great way of combatting the feeling of lonliness as you get to see others even find things in common too. I'd say keep trying and never give up as I'm sure one day you will find someone lovely and who cares about you a lot just as much as we do here on The Mix. Im always here too if you need someone to talk to for advice or anything in general <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 942 Part of The Mix Family
    @Amy22 thank you - I guess it's just the loneliness that I have to go through during the summer because I'm going straight to college and loads of other music stuff outside of that. But I won't lie it really does feel like I'm completely unwanted alot of the time and don't click with many people - I've only known about 2 people that I get on so so well with because we both match the same level of energy and it's great fun, but they both live in different countries now unfortunately
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    @IainJammyboy i get i u didnt go through covidaged 16-18 but it was a shit time for me i was very lonely still am and my mh went downhill i always feel left out if u ever wanna talk or need a friend im here for u <3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @IainJammyboy ah yes the summer months can be lonely at times too especially with the waiting for college and not doing much too. I find the summer months are the most loneliest in a way however Im always here and so is @libbystrawberry too if you need someone <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @IainJammyboy I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Loneliness can be a difficult and isolating experience, especially when it feels like you're not connecting with others or finding meaningful relationships. It's completely normal to feel jealous or envious of others who may seem to have more opportunities or experiences. I feel this way a lot, too. But everyone's journey is unique and different.

During the COVID pandemic, many people have faced challenges in forming new connections and relationships due to restrictions and social distancing measures. However, there are still ways to connect with others and build relationships, for example, pursuing interests, attending activities, and joining volunteering groups, and so on. Focus on building a fulfilling life for yourself, and meaningful connections will come with time and effort.

You are not alone in feeling lonely, and many others have faced similar struggles. We are here to support too!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @IainJammyboy, I hear you. It's a really difficult topic to talk about, so fully appreciate your bravery for sharing your experience here with us. Some people might perceive us in a way because of who we are, but I'm sure that there are people out there that would love to be friends with you, if they had the chance to know you!

Out of interest, what kinds of things have you tried to meet people? What kind of things do you like to do - hobbies, activities, sports, or interests? Those are a great place to start if you're looking to meet people and have conversations :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.