Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I need Help TW for ideation

Hi,

So I haven’t been on here in a hot minute, but things have seemed to have escalated recently regarding my mental health, partially related to my home life as my parents are very stressed regarding my mum’s business and finances.

Despite this I still keep worrying that I’ve done something wrong to annoy them or make them angry and I keep worrying that when I go to uni they won’t want me anymore.

Additionally I’m just very very down currently, the worst I’ve been in a long time and it’s making me start to think that maybe it would just be better to not be here, which isn’t a place I ever wanted to be at again.

I’m not sure what to do. I want to talk to my parents but it just feels like I’m just a lost cause now because last time they said they didn’t know what else to do with me. They also think I don’t care about them at all and it’s just too much. I hate feeling like this and I’m tired.

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hey @IdiosyncraticTrash,

You've done really well to reach out to us and share how you're feeling with us here. We really appreciate your trust, openness and vulnerability <3

You mentioned that you keep worrying that you've done something that might annoy or upset your parents. Is there anything in particular that makes you feel this way, such as a way that they behave towards you or something that they say? It sounds like you value your relationship with your parents, would that be fair to say?

You also mentioned that you feel as though things have escalated recently. Would you like to tell us a little bit more about that? How have things changed for you recently?

Take care, and we'll catch up soon,
    Harry :)
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • IdiosyncraticTrashIdiosyncraticTrash Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hi,

Yes I’ve been looking into getting an ADHD diagnosis recently as I experience paralysis with doing housework a LOT and it’s lead to many conflicts with myself and my parents, and it’s hard because they don’t understand why it happens because both of my other siblings living here currently don’t experience that kind of ADHD paralysis (one of them is autistic). I do value our relationship a lot, as they are my foster parents and really amazing people, it’s just really hard trying to figure out what i can say to them to make them believe me/come up with ways I think they could help.

I’ve been feeling a lot more depressed recently, im crying a lot more and generally am very withdrawn from people, especially in the house. My thoughts are becoming darker as well and I don’t like being back in this state of mind.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @IdiosyncraticTrash , it sounds like you feel that you're not being understood by your parents about your wellbeing at the moment. I hear that it's a difficult time for your relationship with them at the moment, and that the lack of understanding might be driving that. What signs have you noticed that makes you think you might have ADHD, aside from experiencing paralysis? Have you considered speaking to a GP about your concerns?

It's brave to express how you feel, and it sounds like you're aware that your wellbeing isn't in a good place right now. Just to understand the situation, is there anything besides not feeling understood with respect to potential ADHD that you think might be making you feel this way? We're here to listen to you and support you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @IdiosyncraticTrash I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It's understandable that the stress in your home life and other challenges are taking a toll on your mental health. Remember that you don't have to go through this alone, and there are people who care about you and want to support you.

It's essential to reach out to someone you trust about what you're going through, whether it's a friend, family member, or a mental health professional. Talking to someone can provide you with the support and understanding you need during difficult times.

You are not a lost cause, and you deserve support and care. There is hope for better days ahead, and seeking help can be a significant step towards healing and finding the support you need. Take care of yourself, and remember that you are not alone in your struggles. We're here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.