Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mental health question

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Wat is 'sectioned' do they wipe Ur memory?
Why does therapy take long time to come?
Are there ppl on the waiting list who don't need those services?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    therapy takes ages bcs of the long ass waiting lists which are usually that long because 1) the world is shit and everyone is struggling and 2) as morgyn said I feel like mh services are kinda awfully organised and a lot of the time they do fuck all and it's just a mess overall really
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited September 18
    @Past User @Xee is leaving Sexual assault and so long of psychological abuse from different organisations easy to put behind you?
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    Crazy mad insane
  • marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    Xee wrote: »
    therapy takes ages bcs of the long ass waiting lists which are usually that long because 1) the world is shit and everyone is struggling and 2) as morgyn said I feel like mh services are kinda awfully organised and a lot of the time they do fuck all and it's just a mess overall really

Yeah. It takes a long time because of the long waiting list. There are many other people who seek help but there is a limit of psychiatrists and doctors. Also, pretty much as @Xee stated, it is pretty badly organised.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Wat is 'sectioned' do they wipe Ur memory?
    Why does therapy take long time to come?
    Are there ppl on the waiting list who don't need those services?

Being sectioned is when you are admitted to hospital because of a serious concern about your wellbeing. Mind has an article explaining the process here: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/sectioning/about-sectioning/

Therapy takes a long time to come as the demand for therapy has grown much quicker than the availability of therapists. This is especially since the pandemic, since many of these appointments were postponed or cancelled, which is why you'll hear about the waiting lists in the news headlines.

There's every chance that some on the waiting list might not need the services, but that can only be determined once they've been assessed. Anyone has the right to access the service, and before they've been seen, they're within their rights to request an appointment. I would imagine the vast majority of people apply for a genuine reason.

Hope these help!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.