Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm sorry for being a pain in the arse

spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
I'm sorry for the amount of time I've taken up in people's lives and the help I've taken away from other people - I'm a lost cause anyways, I hope everyone has a good life

Comments

• marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    Don't say that. Do not assume that we think you've taken up our lives and our help. Actually, I am content that people like you do that. That is why I am here. Please do continue to ask for our help and please, I wish for you continue to live a life that is good to your vision. Continue to seek the light in the darkness... no matter how painful and numb you feel, keep remembering that and you will see some other bright colours glimmering in that small faint light. I know this sounds cringy but I sincerely hope that you keep going. Walk tall, @lainJammyboy .
  • spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
    @marcellus_beauregard do you know of any good online chat helplines because I just can't take it anymore tonight?? I hate talking to childline though because it's just the same scripted shit over and over again, sometimes you come along a really good counsellor though
    edited July 2023
    I do not know of any good online chat helplines because like you said it is usually the same scripted things and rarely do you ever find a good counsellor. I say it is preferable to find a counsellor (it may or may not take many attempts to find a suitable one for you) who you can speak with on a face-to-face basis. It is most commonly recommended to talk to Childline, Samaritans, and such. Maybe try SANEline, CALM, Shout, Nightline (if you are a student) or us, TheMix. You can always chat with me or anyone else on this community if you would like to. It is up to you.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    You are not a pain in the arse @IainJammyboy at all. You are a great person to have around and I totally understand how you must be feeling. It can be hard feeling like that. But please don't apologise as its okay to feel vulnerable and lost. I know there is a crisis line open 24 7 and The Mix have a crisis helpline if u feel like u really need someone to talk to. There is also Kooth and Samaritians too. Also, to reiterate what @marcellus_beauregard said I'm always here too to lend a listening ear if you ever need someone to vent or talk to at any time.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    It is most commonly recommended to talk to Childline, Samaritans, and such. Maybe try SANEline, CALM, Shout, Nightline (if you are a student) or us, TheMix. You can always chat with me or anyone else on this community if you would like to. It is up to you.
    Pretty much! Papyrus is another option - they offer phone, text, and email services. There's also a page on their website about webchat, but I can't find any info on how to access it.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
    edited July 2023
    Echoing the others: you haven't taken time away from anyone. There's plenty of kindness and support for everyone to get what they need here, and you don't need to apologise for taking up space and attention when you need it. You matter and you deserve support.

Mental illness lies to you. You're a wonderful member of this community, Iain. :)

How are you feeling this morning?
    @JustV I mean I'm not doing very good today, got my psychiatrist appointment today but I'll let you know how horrible it goes down
    Aah good luck for it @IainJammyboy - what time is your appt?
    @JustV thanks, it's at half 2
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    DON'T APOLOGISE YOU ARENT A PAIN IN THE ASS HONESTLY NO ONE THINKS THAT ABOUT YOU!!!
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
    there's a site called my black dog u can talk to ppl who aren't trained counsellors but who have experience with mh struggles. it's for 18s and over and it's much more natural convo rather than the scripted childline chats so maybe you'd find that helpful :)
    @JustV @Xee I'm in absolute fucking tears because of my psychiatrist, I'll explain what happened when I get home
    It went so much worse than I could have ever imagined
    Excuse my language but I just need to talk to someone so so so so so badly - so my absolutely fucking brain-dead zombie of a psychiatrist believes I have 'traits' of borderline personality disorder but refuses to diagnose me and instead "treat the symptoms". She told me for borderline personality disorder there's no proper support or treatment other than an antidepressant and a worksheet, she told me it's just all up to me to fix it. Even after these suicide attempts, and wanting to go down the drinking route she just tells me "just don't drink" "just don't kill yourself" how fucking stupid can you be. She just told me to look forward to my fucking future as a fix and sent me out - I just wanted to fucking punch her so bad because of this shit she was spewing out of her mouth. Basically in a nutshell I'm apparently not doing enough to help myself and they're doing all they can buy sending me a worksheet. She also said to stop calling for help so often because I'll become dependant on that and instead I need to ride the moments of crisis out myself to learn how to deal with it - I'm sorry but what a fucking ignorant cunt she is
    I'm just in absolute tears
    No one cares about me
    @IainJammyboy I'm so sorry to hear it's going so badly. We care about you so much. I know it isn't the same as someone in your life showing you love and care but I promise we all really do care about you. I wish I could give you a big fat comforting hug! Virtual ones will have to do <3

She does sound like she was really really ignorant. I'm so sorry you aren't getting the support you deserve. Is there any way u could get a different psychiatrist? The first one I had was basically just the most disorganised idiot I've ever met, it took 6 months for me to even get an appointment with him bcs he kept losing the keys to his office and he said he can't 'gain enough insight' from a zoom call. Then my second one was the same as yours. He pissed me off so much, all he'd say was 'meditate and breathe and the bad thoughts will all go away. also sleep well and eat veggies' and I was like 'bestie oxygen and veggies isn't gonna stop me doing dangerous shit on a daily basis' and he was like 'fine let's wait two months before you get meds' and I ended up having to wait A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR!! My new psychiatrist provided me with loads of new support and suggested a much higher dose or new meds. I hope you can find someone like that who knows what they're doing and can help you.

How are you feeling now? I hope you're feeling a little more calm. I promise promise promise it won't be this hard forever <3
  • CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @IainJammyboy
    Oh my, that sounds horrible:/ I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. Don't worry about your language; it helps express your emotions and I can sense your devastation and anger, and acknowledging that this 'psychiatrist' (I say this with inverted commas cause I believe she shouldn't be one) is clearly downplaying your internal experiences/emotions, you've absolutely every right to feel and react this way. Since I'm still recovering from a cold, I was planning to go to sleep but I decided to come here and check out the community's recent posts for a few seconds - I wasn't planning to post anything or react to a post. When I saw yours, I immediately felt angry and upset about this recent situation so I immediately decided to scratch my plans to post and stay here. If anything, my actions just show that I care about you and that there are others out there who care about you too since humans, despite our differences, are not dissimilar and therefore I mustn't be the only one to feel this way. I believe that many people here, in this community, care about people including you. I see many and the same people communicating here despite our repetitive struggles and lowest states. Although our words may not solve or cure our difficulties, we still send them to each other. So, we care about you. <3
    CaniceQ
    Oof yeah that was a terrible experience for you wasn't it. Well, like @Xee said, you could get a different psychiatrist. For some people, it takes one try whilst for others it takes many attempts to find the right one for you. I think this difficult in finding the right therapist or counsellor is because the notion of 'helping people who are struggling mentally' has been idealised in society. Therefore, those who eat up that idealised picture go into that occupation thinking they will fix everything easily. Thus, I would recommend you to be aware of this sad reality but that does not mean that there is no one who will provide the advice and care and path you need. There will be at least one person.

Again, we are here for you too. If you would like to chat to someone, you can chat to any of us including me. I don't mind and it is not a burden to me, at all. I have given you my permission and I promise you that I will fulfil it.

I hope you are feeling a bit better after talking about it online. You got this, lain! We're cheering for you!

P.S Is the letter at the beginning of your username an capital 'i' [so, 'I'] or is it a lowercase 'L' [like, 'l']? Yes. I know that is presented very confusingly. If it is an L, it got me thinking of the character Lain Iwakura from 'Serial Experiments Lain.' If not, it's cool lol.
    Xee wrote: »
    there's a site called my black dog u can talk to ppl who aren't trained counsellors but who have experience with mh struggles. it's for 18s and over and it's much more natural convo rather than the scripted childline chats so maybe you'd find that helpful :)

I just looked at this website and it does look very useful and handy, maybe black dog could be helpful for you @IainJammyboy possibly?. I'm sorry to hear that your therapy session didn't go very well and to repeat what everyone else had said on here you don't have to apologise about expressing yourself. In fact I think it's good that you are able to express your thoughts and feelings on here. It's sounds like the therapy session was very stressful for you to go through especially when your therapist only wants to see it as a way of trying to 'treat' your condition rather than actually getting a 'diagonosis' for it properly. That does sound like a horrible experience to go through. Some therapists can be like that sometimes sadly eventhough a therapist really should be more caring and understanding. It sounds like you need someone who is more understanding of your emotions and feelings. I just wish you had a better therapist who understands you fully and not just does things by the *book*. Honestly I feel like most therapists only do the bare minimum and don't actually to try to help the person. I am so sorry that you had to go through that recently. I know I can't really speak on this as much but I remember my therapy sessions were only six sessions each and that was it. It was like after the six sessions they instantly thought that my mental health would 'be fixed' or 'cured' when in reality it won't be.

I'm always here if you need a lending ear anytime, you can even PM me as long as you feel comfortable to do so. Sending you an extra special hug,

Amy22 <3
    @Xee I'm kind of feeling a tiny bi better since then but maybe she was right, because bpd is incurable and there is no treatment, but at the same time I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life. Kind of just been drinking alot to try deal with it
    @CaniceQ you didn't have to do that for me - you don't even know me, your own life is much more important than mine, I'm just a list cause at this point. I was just thinking (as I mentioned in my other comment maybe she is right, maybe it is up to me, especially seeing bpd is incurable and there is no treatment.
    @marcellus_beauregard thank you - my name is spelt with an i at the beginning. That's fine though nearly everyone I know in my own life can't even spell my name right lol
    @Amy22 thank you - reached out to them too and they are really nice, much better than any other helplines out there. Honestly sounded to me my psychiatrist was just sick of putting up with me and ready to go home and get paid. I won't pm you though because I'll just be a pain, I'll take up too much of your time just to get nowhere - there's other people out there that could use that support more than me. Have been drinking quite alot though since that meeting just to deal with this news though
    @Amy22 thank you - reached out to them too and they are really nice, much better than any other helplines out there. Honestly sounded to me my psychiatrist was just sick of putting up with me and ready to go home and get paid. I won't pm you though because I'll just be a pain, I'll take up too much of your time just to get nowhere - there's other people out there that could use that support more than me. Have been drinking quite alot though since that meeting just to deal with this news though

It does sound quite sad that your psychiatrist wasn't helpful enough. I personally find most consellours or psychiartrist's often don't understand certain things especially with how a person is feeling. Honestly, I personally feel that by talking to someone who have had actual experience of mental health struggle can be more helpful than actually seeing someone who claims they are an expert. Honestly, no worries you won't be a pain I'd rather help you than see you struggle in silence. I believe that no one should struggle in silence <3 always here if you need someone,

sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    @IainJammyboy Listen. You're not a pain in the arse for anyone here! We are here to support you, its our choice to do so. You are a great and funny person (I love your title btw haha) and you struggling doesn't change that! You're doing the right thing by reaching out for help, so keep doing it!

Btw did you get my message? I sent it you a couple days back but you didn't respond, I assumed you just didn't want to talk about it.

You matter as much an anyone else! So please take care of yourself as that is something only you can do <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @CaniceQ you didn't have to do that for me - you don't even know me, your own life is much more important than mine, I'm just a list cause at this point. I was just thinking (as I mentioned in my other comment maybe she is right, maybe it is up to me, especially seeing bpd is incurable and there is no treatment.

It is true that I don't know you. However, as human beings, despite us experiencing inner struggles independently, our share similarity of being human allows us to have these similar experiences and even come to understand and empathise with each other. From having some mental illnesses, I'm aware of how stifling and painful it is and because of this, I wish for no one to experience this pain including you. I really do and I'm honestly shocked that I do since I'm always separate from the outside world as I rest in my mind. Because of this, you do mean a lot to me. You're a person who has feelings and thoughts and this is enough for me to hear you out and direct my focus towards.

Some psychiatrists aren't so helpful and sometimes I think that they cannot understand the seriousness of their patient's struggles. I do think that some psychiatrists may be quite emotionally overwhelmed by their job that they aren't willing to help their patients, and I hope they receive some counselling (which I think they are required to or at least advised but idk), yet it is still upsetting that this will drag the patient down alongside their declining mental state. I pretty much agree with @Amy22 . Whatever is going on in the mind of that psychiatrist, you did have a horrible experience with them and I hope you could find a different one. There is a better psychiatrist out there and, hopefully, this thought can raise your spirit even to the smallest degree. I do believe that it is up to us to manage our mental disorders but only partially. In reality, we can only somewhat influence our mental state but not control it. So, because of this, I'm convinced that we should seek out external support and I'm so so glad that you've posted. :3
    CaniceQ
  • Blc_2004Blc_2004 Deactivated Posts: 296 The Mix Regular
    Hugs
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy You are worthy of support and we all care about you.Sending hugs your way <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.