Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lets create a summer playlist

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
9gsi4lx4i22y.jpg

Hey Folks,

Here at The Mix we thought it would be a super cool idea to create a Summer Playlist over on Spotify.

How it works is you can share the songs you would like to be added to a playlist to this thread and then we can create a fun summer playlist over on Spotify.

Can't wait to see all the songs you choose.

Lets do this :smile:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    That's such a fun idea :)

    San Francisco by The Mowglis is very summery for me
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    Padam by Kylie Minoyge as its gives me pride event vibes which happen every summer :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    Love this idea! Though are you looking for recent songs for this summer, or just any summer songs that I want?
    (Also I'll try my best not to suggest a Polish song lol. Since I spend almost every summer in Poland I really associate Poland with summer, especially Polish music)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    good time by owl city and carly rae jepson (it's just so nostalgic and vibey and reminds me of summer)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Love this idea! Though are you looking for recent songs for this summer, or just any summer songs that I want?
    (Also I'll try my best not to suggest a Polish song lol. Since I spend almost every summer in Poland I really associate Poland with summer, especially Polish music)

    I would really love some of those songs as im open to various music genres and cultures :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    edited July 2023
    Also anything done by the Foo Fighters cause rock xd or Take your Picture by Filter is a very summery and cheesy ish rock song :lol:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    MatchaMiaMatchaMia Posts: 60 Boards Initiate
    okay agree to disagree but whats a summer playlist without ABBA and taylor swift's cruel summer?! Like the song 'why did it have to be me' ABBA is just the right energy

    I always also think of Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, I remember playing this song so loud in my dads car as a child LOL
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Love this idea! Though are you looking for recent songs for this summer, or just any summer songs that I want?
    (Also I'll try my best not to suggest a Polish song lol. Since I spend almost every summer in Poland I really associate Poland with summer, especially Polish music)

    I would really love some of those songs as im open to various music genres and cultures :)

    @Amy22 I can totally recommend some to you? (or even more than some haha)
    I was just thinking they might not fix The Mix's summer playlist as not everyone might want to listen to a song they don't understand.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Love this idea! Though are you looking for recent songs for this summer, or just any summer songs that I want?
    (Also I'll try my best not to suggest a Polish song lol. Since I spend almost every summer in Poland I really associate Poland with summer, especially Polish music)

    I would really love some of those songs as im open to various music genres and cultures :)

    @Amy22 I can totally recommend some to you? (or even more than some haha)
    I was just thinking they might not fix The Mix's summer playlist as not everyone might want to listen to a song they don't understand.

    Yeah I get you there especially if they don't speak Polish either its like me and Welsh music too. That would be awesome if you could Im open to expanding my horizons hehe
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 Sorry for taking so long to respond. You speak Welsh? That's so cool, I'd love to hear some Welsh music too! I find it hilarious how funny some of the words look, I wouldn't even know how to start pronouncing them xD

    I'm gonna recommend a couple of my favourite polish songs and I'll give some info on each so you can choose which to listen to. Its so hard to choose because there is just so many I want to share haha.
    Skrzydlate Ręce by Enej (Polish-Ukrainian Folk-Rock band that I absolutely love and had to mention hehe. This song actually has some sad lyrics which took me way too long to realise, but it sounds great so whatever)

    Bezdroża by Sylwia Grzeszczak (A duet love song. Sylwia is the best Polish vocalist I've heard. This song gets my eyes watery sometimes lol)

    One Last Time by Gromee (Polish DJ who worked with a few popular artists. This song is in English, when I first heard it I genuinely thought its from some famous British popstar haha)

    100 by Filip Lato (Happy lively song with a great meaning "start living your life to 100%". Sound'n'Grace is a music group that sing kind of like a choir)

    Byłaś dla Mnie Wszystkim by Poparzeni Kawą Trzy (Their name literally translates to "Burnt by coffee we three"... This song is really funny I absolutely recommend checking out the translation for it xD)

    Sacrum by Mezo and Tabb (Some mild Polish rap with very meaningful lyrics. I don't usually like rap btw, but I love this song)

    Urke by Wilki (Polish pop/rock band. The song is pretty old (2003) but still awesome)

    Ramię W Ramię by Viki Gabor (The meaning of this song is about "female solidarity and empowerment". She has won the Junior Eurovision with the song Superhero that is half Polish half English and I also totally recommend)

    Proste by Dawid Kwiatkowski (A chill but vibey song)

    Małomiasteczkowy by Dawid Podsiadło (Just realised its another Dawid haha. This Dawid is a very popular pop artists in Poland)

    Eat Pierogi by Mee And The Band (I will link you to its video. Context: Pierogi is a popular Polish food that I personally really love. Please turn on English subtitles and Enjoy! :D)

    And there's still sooo many more...
    Dunno why I put so much effort into this lol but yea, I've had fun. Now its your turn! ;) (I don't expect as much effort in return haha) Also any questions about these then please ask.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 Sorry for taking so long to respond. You speak Welsh? That's so cool, I'd love to hear some Welsh music too! I find it hilarious how funny some of the words look, I wouldn't even know how to start pronouncing them xD

    I'm gonna recommend a couple of my favourite polish songs and I'll give some info on each so you can choose which to listen to. Its so hard to choose because there is just so many I want to share haha.
    Skrzydlate Ręce by Enej (Polish-Ukrainian Folk-Rock band that I absolutely love and had to mention hehe. This song actually has some sad lyrics which took me way too long to realise, but it sounds great so whatever)

    Bezdroża by Sylwia Grzeszczak (A duet love song. Sylwia is the best Polish vocalist I've heard. This song gets my eyes watery sometimes lol)

    One Last Time by Gromee (Polish DJ who worked with a few popular artists. This song is in English, when I first heard it I genuinely thought its from some famous British popstar haha)

    100 by Filip Lato (Happy lively song with a great meaning "start living your life to 100%". Sound'n'Grace is a music group that sing kind of like a choir)

    Byłaś dla Mnie Wszystkim by Poparzeni Kawą Trzy (Their name literally translates to "Burnt by coffee we three"... This song is really funny I absolutely recommend checking out the translation for it xD)

    Sacrum by Mezo and Tabb (Some mild Polish rap with very meaningful lyrics. I don't usually like rap btw, but I love this song)

    Urke by Wilki (Polish pop/rock band. The song is pretty old (2003) but still awesome)

    Ramię W Ramię by Viki Gabor (The meaning of this song is about "female solidarity and empowerment". She has won the Junior Eurovision with the song Superhero that is half Polish half English and I also totally recommend)

    Proste by Dawid Kwiatkowski (A chill but vibey song)

    Małomiasteczkowy by Dawid Podsiadło (Just realised its another Dawid haha. This Dawid is a very popular pop artists in Poland)

    Eat Pierogi by Mee And The Band (I will link you to its video. Context: Pierogi is a popular Polish food that I personally really love. Please turn on English subtitles and Enjoy! :D)

    And there's still sooo many more...
    Dunno why I put so much effort into this lol but yea, I've had fun. Now its your turn! ;) (I don't expect as much effort in return haha) Also any questions about these then please ask.

    Thank you so much for the reccomendations, I am technically Welsh and should speak Welsh but I'm not entirely fluent in it just yet I consider myself more of a learner though I do know some words. My favourite welsh word is 'caru' which means love I think. I'll quickly look at my spotify playlist and I'll send some of the ones I know over.

    My favourites Welsh bands:

    Swnami are a great welsh band (they got an indie rock style to them) and the songs I reccomend are Y Nos and Gwreiddiau. There is also a band called Pretty Viscious but they don't sing in Welsh fun fact their music featured in the Life is Strange games under the name FireWalk. Thanks so much though I'll check these songs out and maybe put them in my Spotify playlist :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    Also, I'll send over my Spotify playlist if anyone wants to have a look at it :)

    https://open.spotify.com/user/315rcfy6bowmihhc2xg5m5izyog4?si=526506e3c7154d09
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 That's cool! And thank you, will add them to a playlist then listen to them in the long car trip to Poland haha.
    Btw the link sends me to your Spotify profile but there is no playlist there
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 889 Part of The Mix Family
    What a great idea and i love the suggestions so far ! Some of My suggestions would be
    Cool for the summer
    Cheerleader
    Cake by the ocean
    Summer Calvin harris
    Cant wait to see the finished product <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,127 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 That's cool! And thank you, will add them to a playlist then listen to them in the long car trip to Poland haha.
    Btw the link sends me to your Spotify profile but there is no playlist there

    Ah that's great I hope you have a Great time out there <3. Ah maybe it's because they are I'm my liked songs and I don't think I created a playlist just yet I might though
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Blc_2004Blc_2004 Deactivated Posts: 296 The Mix Regular
    Million dollar bill - beyond Chicago
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    @ebyrne556 oooh I love the song cheerleader!! it was my fav song for like a solid three years xD
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Blc_2004Blc_2004 Deactivated Posts: 296 The Mix Regular
    Also another banger that I recently been playing on repeat is

    Giving me - Jazzy
Sign In or Register to comment.