Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really hate my parents

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
Any small mistake I make the scream and scream and scream - I'm always in tears just begging them to stop shouting but the never stop. My brother can cause as much havoc as he wants and my parents still absolutely love him way over me. The sit on their lazy asses and tell me because they are older they know everything about life and I don't know anything - they sometimes tell me that my violin practising sounds shit, they tell me that I'm the problem in the family and that I'm making everyone miserable and so does my brother. They tell me it's my fault for how depressed I am and that I just need to eat my dinner and everything will be fixed. I tell them every single day that they shout way too much and it never helps but they act like they are always right. I spoke to them today about moving into student accommodation because I don't want to live with them anymore and they just shouted back and basically told me that I'm not allowed to without any explanation - I'm 18 anyways, but they're always in control and they don't trust me to do anything. I absolutely hate them, they make my life a living hell

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @IainJammyboy

Just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling? Sorry to hear you are struggling with how your parents are treating you.

Do you have anyone that you trust who could maybe talk to your parents with you?

We're here for you if you want to talk about things :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @IainJammyboy I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult and painful situation at home. It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed, unheard, and unsupported by your parents and brother. It's important to remember that you deserve to be treated with respect, understanding, and love.

In situations like these, it can be helpful to seek support from other sources outside of your immediate family. Here are some suggestions for finding support:
    - Reach out to a trusted adult
    - Seek help from a helpline or support organization
    - Connect with friends or support networks
    - Explore options for independence

Remember, it's essential to prioritize your well-being and seek the support you need.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy my parents are basically the same, it sucks so so much. hopefully this is just a rough patch and soon enough things will be back to normal with your family (and mine). i know it's hard but ig u just gotta remember that they love u and want the best for u despite the fact they don't know what they're doing and treat u like shit. i'm here if u wanna talk abt it more
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @Xee it's always anything mental health related that I just have to pretend I'm all okay otherwise they just scream at me - they told me today that I'm not accepting help or helping myself apparently which is all bullshit, while they sit and do nothing. I really think they are being so manipulative in an effort to get me to pretend I'm all okay. The only time when I'm truly happy in when I manage to get away from them - I'd do anything to get away from them but I'm not prepared to leave everything I have behind
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
    Any small mistake I make the scream and scream and scream - I'm always in tears just begging them to stop shouting but the never stop. My brother can cause as much havoc as he wants and my parents still absolutely love him way over me. The sit on their lazy asses and tell me because they are older they know everything about life and I don't know anything - they sometimes tell me that my violin practising sounds shit, they tell me that I'm the problem in the family and that I'm making everyone miserable and so does my brother. They tell me it's my fault for how depressed I am and that I just need to eat my dinner and everything will be fixed. I tell them every single day that they shout way too much and it never helps but they act like they are always right. I spoke to them today about moving into student accommodation because I don't want to live with them anymore and they just shouted back and basically told me that I'm not allowed to without any explanation - I'm 18 anyways, but they're always in control and they don't trust me to do anything. I absolutely hate them, they make my life a living hell

omg @IainJammyboy my mum is exactly like that she thinks she knows everything bcz shes a mother i honestly thinkshes gaslighting and narsissictic
    i dont wanna be alone forever.
  • Options
    Terry8936 wrote: »
    @IainJammyboy I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult and painful situation at home. It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed, unheard, and unsupported by your parents and brother. It's important to remember that you deserve to be treated with respect, understanding, and love.

In situations like these, it can be helpful to seek support from other sources outside of your immediate family. Here are some suggestions for finding support:
    - Reach out to a trusted adult
    - Seek help from a helpline or support organization
    - Connect with friends or support networks
    - Explore options for independence

Remember, it's essential to prioritize your well-being and seek the support you need.

if u reach out to atrusted adult what would they do @Terry8936
  • Options
    @libbystrawberry yea they're always so manipulating as well when they do their "so called apology" and then just go back to how they were. I wish there was more we could do but I think if we tell someone they're just going to go straight to our parents to tell them everything we talk about
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy bruh my mum dont even apologize
  • Options
    she dosnt care abt the wayi feel
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Just checking in on you both this morning.I can hear how you are finding things diffcult with your parents at the minute. Is their anyone else in your support network that you couldmabye chat to about how your feeling? Sending hugs and as always we are here on the board foryou to chat
  • Options
    @Xee it's always anything mental health related that I just have to pretend I'm all okay otherwise they just scream at me - they told me today that I'm not accepting help or helping myself apparently which is all bullshit, while they sit and do nothing. I really think they are being so manipulative in an effort to get me to pretend I'm all okay. The only time when I'm truly happy in when I manage to get away from them - I'd do anything to get away from them but I'm not prepared to leave everything I have behind

bruh @IainJammyboy im prepared to run away from my mum its fucking deteriorating my mental health