Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tips on running awya

libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
any important tips for when planning to run away?

thx :)
i dont wanna be alone forever.

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @libbystrawberry, I can understand that you're thinking about running away. Could you explain a little more about what's on your mind, and how you feel? We're here for you to talk if you'd like :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,974 Community Veteran
    @libbystrawberry if u ran away u'll miss home, n where u gna go? Ppl mite take advantage of u. With dr#%s, sex. ect.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    edited July 2023
    Hey @libbystrawberry
    I do understand that family, friends, relationships sometimes make you feel like trapped in a shell and wanting to run away. However, this decision is difficult and comes with a lot of dangerous situations and possibilities that can happen if you're not careful enough.
    To better understand your situation, would you like to give us some more details of your reason why you'd like to run away?
    I can then offer a better help and answer to you <3
  • Options
    @ellie2000 ik this stuff but rlly staying at home is getting to hard tocope with
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @libbystrawberry, as someone who ran away for a few days I would advise against it. I know it's hard but if you can just hold on till you can leave legally, it's worth it. I'm 17 but I turn 18 in four months and at that point I'll still be living at home but if I ever change my mind I can legally leave. Libby, just hold on till you're 18 and come up with a strong and supported plan. Best of luck!
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    @mk1881 bruh id have to wait 5 fucking years idk how id cope that long. the summer holidays itself r gonna be soo hard
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @libbystrawberry, I understand. My only advice is to then just come up with a reallly solid plan. A plan that's gonna get you supported.
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @libbystrawberry, just wanted to check in again to see how you're doing. If you're comfortable to do so, would you like to give us some more information as to why you'd like to run away? We're here to listen to you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Hi @libbystrawberry I can understand how you feel with home life and everything it does sound very stressful for you. I can see your point of why you may want to run away but attempting that can be very tricky and challenging. I'm honestly not the best at advice but I'd say just like everyone else it may be best to wait until your eighteen as then you can properly plan. I know it may take a long time until your eighteen but I can understand how you feel. I'd also say if you are planning to run away there is a lot to consider such as finding a place to stay and stuff. I know there are support places that help people who want to run away or are struggling with home life. I'll try to find some links for the charities I know and I'll send them on here. Sending you all the best and lots of hugs, I'm always here too if you need someone to talk to anytime,

hope your okay,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I just found these charities which could be useful maybe

https://www.runawayhelpline.org.uk/external-partners/shelter/

This is a charity which offers support for young people who want to run away and are struggling with home life and family relationships

If you are under eighteen there is also childline which offer support too

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/home-families/family-relationships/running-away/

There is also Centrepoint too

https://centrepoint.org.uk/

• Options
    @Amy22 thanks so much for wasting ur time on me <3 it means a lot
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Amy22 thanks so much for wasting ur time on me <3 it means a lot

Honestly no worries you weren't wasting any of my time at all I'm more than happy to help you anytime. I totally understand how you feel though about asking for help especially if you feel like you are wasting other's time when really you aren't as you have been brave today to reach out and ask for help. <3. Im the same too when asking for help but you may not know this but you are deserving of such much support on here. I know it's easier said than done believe me but it's totally okay that's what me and everyone else on The Mix is for. The main thing is that you are okay and are safe as that is what matters to me the most <3.