Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stuff mb TW

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Wat is autism?
Why does physical hurt sooth emotion hurt?
Why are parents don't want ù to go down they're certain path?
Wats clinical depression?
Does life require self medication and how?
Dw everything is fine. Staff just visited l
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    R autistic ppl violent
    Crazy mad insane
    Nd do u choose different keyworker tht you already hav n y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    Autism is a neurological condition that affects how the person sees the world. As someone who is autistic myself I say that I see the world differently to how other people do. Sometimes it can take me a while to process information and what other people say. I also struggle with communication too as well. It also means that I need a little extra help with certain tasks day to day too. I guess with physical hurt I think its the idea behind releasing the stress or tension in a person's life even though at the time it may not be a healthy release or response.

I would say that not all autistic people are violent and each person will vary on the spectrum. I think that the reason why most people think neurodiverse people are violent is because sometimes we can get very stressed and triggered by certain things which may cause us to lash out even though we don't mean to. I think everyone is different in ways. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any more questions or thoughts as I am happy to help out :),

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Sorry @Amy22 if I hurt u xx
    Crazy mad insane
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    R autistic ppl violent
    This is an interesting question, and I think Amy explained it very well.
    From what people say that autism is like, I suspect that I too have autism. Though I'd consider myself the opposite of 'violent' haha. I personally think it depends on the person as everyone is different. Autism could (and probably does) play part in the way a person thinks, but I'm sure there are many violent people who are not autistic. Depends how you look at it I guess.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Sorry @Amy22 if I hurt u xx

No worries you haven't hurt me at all, please don't feel bad at all. I'm glad you asked about it though :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, I'm glad to hear you're okay! Here's some answers to the questions you had, in addition to what's been said above by others:

- Autism is a lifelong developmental condition which affects how some people communicate and interact with the world. You can find out more about it through the National Autistic Society: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/what-is-autism
    - When we're feeling emotionally hurt or vulnerable, people can respond in many ways. Some of these are constructive, others are more destructive. Physical pain may be a coping mechanism to distract from the emotional pain, though it should be noted that it doesn't actually help or resolve the underlying issue, and isn't a constructive response/solution to dealing with emotional pain.
    - On the parents' path, it may simply be that your parents don't want you to live the life they did. Often, that comes from a good place - they may have faced significant hardships in life, and don't want you to go through those. Either way though, what you do with your life is your decision, and you can pay as much attention to their advice as you feel best.
    - Clinical depression is another way of saying "major depression", and is a term used by medical professionals (such as the NHS) to indicate when a person shows sufficient signs to meet their criteria of clinical depression. The NHS describes clinical depression as such: "Most people go through periods of feeling down, but when you're depressed you feel persistently sad for weeks or months, rather than just a few days."
    - Medication is best done through a medical professional, who fully understand the uses and consequences of different types of medication. In contrast, self-medication is very risky and can cause harm if not administered by a medical professional. It's always best to work with a health professional, such as your GP, when considering medication.

Hope that answers your questions!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.