Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Got a new violin, so so happy with it - I'm in love with how it sounds

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
jig3ikcb2s85.jpg
u3tvt1wf50cn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It sounds so beautiful!! Instruments are certainly something to cherish @IainJammyboy <3 What are some of your favourite songs to play? x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Wow that’s gorgeous @IainJammyboy. I used to play the violin, but stopped about 10 years ago, I defo miss it. What kind of things do you like to play?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    @jess63 @AislingDM oooh those are good questions - I mainly really enjoy playing all sorts of classical music - there's so many styles within it lol. I'm playing Shostakovich violin sonata right now, not well known at all but I love it - really hard though. Learning that and beriot violin concerto no. 2 over the summer for when I start college, I can't wait - although this music course I'm doing for a year instead of a gap year is only expecting grade 5 level playing, which I was doing about 4 years ago. Completely unrelated but I've got a usb stick in my violin case where I have all my music stored on it just incase, but I've got a copy of the movie cocaine bear on it incase I get bored lmao. In fact I'll send a picture of my violin case and everything in it when I get home, it's my pride and joy
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    havwfmonuior.jpg
    lxequs6y55ak.jpg
    Ended up changing the strings and fine tuner to make it sound even better
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    That's such a beautiful violin and I bet it feels very nice to play it too. I was originally going to learn how to play violin in primary school but never got round to it. I instead opted for guitar :lol:.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    @Amy22 Guitar is very fun! I only started at the end of last summer but it’s enjoyable. @IainJammyboy it looks so lovely and new hehe i hope you have so much fun playing it!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm listening to Shostakovich violin sonata on YouTube right now and it is beyond beautiful @IainJammyboy , like wow, sometimes classical music like this can really bring a tear to my eye, it's like you can feel the emotions in the song even more. I can certainly see how this would be a tough one to learn though (not that I have any experience in playing musical instruments lol!).

It's super impressive to learn such cool skills like this, honestly, bravo to you =)

I reckon it would be awesome to learn some of the classical renditions of modern songs like they play in Bridgerton and stuff, I think they're so fun <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2023
    @IainJammyboy this is so cool! And impressed with the music choices you're playing, they're not easy pieces. I used to play violin until a while ago, some very fond memories playing it :) I'm interested to learn more about this music course you're taking on?