Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bad feelings wander tonite

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
How do u not feel fear? Wen u trying to relax
I quarter feel atm if thts a thing
I felt treal fear earlier but I sing and I feel at ease
I sing sabaton 😊 bc I'm not near ppl who bang on ceilings 😊
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It's a very important question to ask, and one I think we found ourselves asking one another a lot @ellie2000 . Fear is, of course, a natural emotion to have, but following trauma, it can be especially tough to navigate fear and find a way to relax as much as possible without letting it overwhelm you.

It's good to recognise the things that bring you a sense of calm, like singing in order to be able to relax. It's also nice to be in a new environment where you aren't so fearful of loud noises coming from other houses/flats.

What is making you wonder about fear atm? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @AislingDM I have earphones in. I sometimes picture the stories songs tell too. I h8 feelings like this, I'm not at tht point where I can manage it well. How can I do tht?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really difficult to manage @ellie2000. How does picturing the stories songs tell make you feel? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It seems pretty stressful that even when you're trying to find peace and calm, it can still be intense for you to cope with feelings of pain and confusion about your past experiences. Sometimes it would be so much easier if we could separate ourselves from this type of pain properly, through sincere distraction, right @ellie2000 ?

When do you feel the most relaxed then? xx
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @AislingDM I hardly feel relaxed bc I think stuff thts going on like i worry. I do stuff on Wednesday which they hav basketball I like tht 1 n choir on Fridays :)
    Crazy mad insane
    That makes total sense @ellie2000 because even if you're generally less distressed, there will always be those kinds of background worries and stresses. I'm very glad that you've found some joy in taking part in activities like basketball and choir, sometimes having a simple and clear routine is one of the best things, because it creates balance in our lives =)