Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Question for this morning

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I went to the main building to watch the box n I expected ppl to b wondering about. But I found tht everyone was in the 'habitat' or busy. I said quite assertively 'I need to talk to someone' but nope. Y don't ppl notice wen Ur in distress. Nd should carestuff have a room to rant or vent?
Not a confession booth where tht stuff is used against u, I'm out of tht atmosphere now :)
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    The main building to where, @ellie2000? What's the habitat?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited June 2023
    @JustV Main building and I live in òne of the off flats. Other end of the courtyard.
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Ah, and so no one was available in your main building to talk through how you're feeling @ellie2000 ? That must have been very frustrating for you, especially after you reached out for help :(

I wonder are there meant to be people available 24/7 to talk at the habitat?

Also, we can certainly talk/you can vent here if that works for you too xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @AislingDM I call it 'habitat' coz Idk wat else to call it xx is it house or....

xx
    Crazy mad insane
    I feel tht everyone is busy to listen
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2023
    We are listening to you @ellie2000. You can call it what feels most comfortable. Also, if they are supposed to be there to listen 24/7 they have a duty to listen to you so make them listen :p

If not, it might be worth asking them what hours they are supposed to be there to listen and you can try to time it for when they are available. How does this sound? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Have the people at habitat (or home, whatever works for you is cool, although, I quite like habitat as it sounds more fun!) been able to speak with you when you've needed them thus far? @ellie2000 <3
    @AislingDM I haven't been needing 'shout' or 'Samaritans' since I had moved 😊
    Crazy mad insane
    That's cool, it sounds like you're pretty happy about that, kind of like moving has provided you at least some peace of mind at the moment @ellie2000 <3 Well done for this! What do you reckon it is about moving that has left you feeling more able to cope lately? xx
    @AislingDM I didn't hav someone to fall back on in the other town. Mr.c's company went under due to lockdown and they haven't been able to get back to normal, Could tht be seen as something coming to an end. Can I forget about worry about how he's doin now?. Why aren't ppl allowed to contact u once u're out of there hands? I watch his live music videos to keep me not sad, is tht healthy?
    Crazy mad insane