Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The heat

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
How do ppl cope wen it's 26c and above? hopefully we won't b in 40c in uk You can't even sleep in this weather when it's 15c like Scandinavia I can cope with
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    I couldn’t agree more! I find keeping windows open with blinds down/curtains drawn helps, and drinking a lot of water! I catch myself looking forward to the cooler weather but know I will regret that when it starts to snow!🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited June 2023
    @LydsRose9 I don't like snow either. I like cold weather but not tht cold. Apparently Ur not supposed to hav windows open if it's between 30 degrees and 40 degrees, only fans
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 that’s good to know, thanks! I’ll have to stick to using a fan instead. I agree about the snow, I always worry about slipping over🤦🏻‍♀️there was some rain where I live yesterday and I have to say I quite enjoyed it!
    @LydsRose9 I used to jump in puddles at passers-by coz at the time I felt frustrated
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 that sounds like quite a good stress reliever! Did it help?
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    I also have been finding the hot weather unbearable right now too, I find having a fan in my room helps to cool it down.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    edited June 2023
    @LydsRose9 jumping in puddles Nd wetting ppl was the only way to fight back at society. I even jumped in puddles ppl in suite's too haha, it was usually in the early morning. I was listening to my chemical romance. Do tht music make ppl more frustrated?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    My fan is my favourite thing at the moment, completely relate to you @Amy22! Does anyone else have any tips for staying cool at the moment? How did it feel to jump in the puddles @ellie2000?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    My fan is my favourite thing at the moment, completely relate to you @Amy22! Does anyone else have any tips for staying cool at the moment? How did it feel to jump in the puddles @ellie2000?

I felt relief that I got away with splashing ppl haha why didn't I get told off?
    Crazy mad insane
  • hastings1066hastings1066 Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    I sleep with the window open and on top off my duvet. I am not sleeping very well due to the heat.
  • marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    If you can, use a fan to stay cool. If not, open your windows and draw the curtains/keep the blinds down. Drink water and eat anything refreshing. I would also recommend eating salty foods as it has been found that salt helps absorb nutrients so it will hold the water you drink, enabling you to stay cool for a bit longer. I really wish UK homes had AC.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Lots of helpful tips on staying cool in the heat here! Stay safe everyone and stay hydrated :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.