Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Summer quiz

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited June 2023 in General Chat
Hey Folks,

Here at The Mix we thought it would be a nice idea to have a little summer quiz :smile:

We will post the answers in the spoilers, it would be really great if you could comment how many you got right :heart:

Hope you all enjoy this quiz.

Question 1 - Who sings the song Watermelon Sugar high?
Harry Styles

Question 2 - Which pop star sings the 2014 hit "cool for the summer?"
Demi Lovato

Question 3 - What is the Summer Solstice?
The day with the longest period of sunlight in the year?

Question 4 - What fruit is typically associated with Summer?
Watermelon

Question 5 - What vitamin is produced in the body with the help of sunlight?
Vitamin D

Question 6 - Which staff member at The Mix introduced the Summer wellbeing campaign in 2022 over on TikTok?
Emma

Question 7 - Which staff member at The Mix started the summer 'this or that' discussion on the boards?
Aife

Question 8 - What is the term for a period of particularly hot weather in the summer?
Heatwave

Have fun :smile:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,247 Wise Owl
    Love this quiz - got 7/8 as well :blush:
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,409 Part of The Furniture
    3/8... 😬
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    7/8 got question 6 wrong, sorry Emma 😂
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    Had 2 out of 8 did look at the spoilers though lol me and my mum had fun doing this quiz :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    5/8 I did much better than I usually do on quizzes yay!

    Also I had no idea that
    watermelon is the fruit associated with summer... the first thing I thought of was pineapple. Maybe in my head 'summer' looks like a sunny Hawaiian beach haha. Which is funny because my summer is mostly me sitting in my grandma's garden eating watermelons xD
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 944 Part of The Mix Family
    Love this idea! I got 7/8 didnt read the summer solstice question right haha. :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    5/8 I did much better than I usually do on quizzes yay!

    Also I had no idea that
    watermelon is the fruit associated with summer... the first thing I thought of was pineapple. Maybe in my head 'summer' looks like a sunny Hawaiian beach haha. Which is funny because my summer is mostly me sitting in my grandma's garden eating watermelons xD

    I was the same too I always thought pineapple was the most fruit associated with summer as I know pineapples are quite popular. Lol I did have a sneeky look at the answers for some cause I was curious. lol what am I doing xd
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 485 Listening Ear
    This is such a cool thread! Got 7/8! :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 thank you, glad I'm not the only one who thought pineapple haha
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    This is such a fun thread, though unfortunately, I got 3/8 haha
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    edited June 2023
    4/8 got 2 3 4 6 wrong am i the only one who thpought strawberries were the fruit for summer
    I got secrets, that nobody knows
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    @libbystrawberry they are technically 'summer fruits' so I don't blame you. There's a ton of fruits that fit great with summer.
    Also I guess you really like strawberries? Haha

    And speaking of, anyone wanna guess what my favourite fruit is? :D
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @libbystrawberry they are technically 'summer fruits' so I don't blame you. There's a ton of fruits that fit great with summer.
    Also I guess you really like strawberries? Haha

    And speaking of, anyone wanna guess what my favourite fruit is? :D

    Hmm I wanna say either strawberries or your a pineapple person like me. Kiwi fruit is so nice too and coconuts.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @libbystrawberry they are technically 'summer fruits' so I don't blame you. There's a ton of fruits that fit great with summer.
    Also I guess you really like strawberries? Haha

    And speaking of, anyone wanna guess what my favourite fruit is? :D

    Hmm I wanna say either strawberries or your a pineapple person like me. Kiwi fruit is so nice too and coconuts.

    ewwwww kiwi ilike mango
    I got secrets, that nobody knows
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @libbystrawberry they are technically 'summer fruits' so I don't blame you. There's a ton of fruits that fit great with summer.
    Also I guess you really like strawberries? Haha

    And speaking of, anyone wanna guess what my favourite fruit is? :D

    ummmm strawberry or bananas or grapes
    I got secrets, that nobody knows
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 @libbystrawberry I love strawberries, kiwis (a lot), mango, bananas, grapes (a little). Not really a big fan of pineapples or coconuts. Though none of these are my 'favourite' haha...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 @libbystrawberry I love strawberries, kiwis (a lot), mango, bananas, grapes (a little). Not really a big fan of pineapples or coconuts. Though none of these are my 'favourite' haha...

    I love pineapples especially if it is pineapple cider or malibu :lol::tongue:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 @libbystrawberry I love strawberries, kiwis (a lot), mango, bananas, grapes (a little). Not really a big fan of pineapples or coconuts. Though none of these are my 'favourite' haha...

    I love pineapples especially if it is pineapple cider or malibu :lol::tongue:

    Actually I don't mind eating the fruit itself, I kinda hate the pineapple flavour, like pineapple juice for example. Also I guess malibu is a alcoholic drink of sorts? I'm not into alcohol at all tbh, I think it tastes disgusting haha.

    Also I'm surprised none of you have mentioned lemons...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 @libbystrawberry I love strawberries, kiwis (a lot), mango, bananas, grapes (a little). Not really a big fan of pineapples or coconuts. Though none of these are my 'favourite' haha...

    I love pineapples especially if it is pineapple cider or malibu :lol::tongue:

    Actually I don't mind eating the fruit itself, I kinda hate the pineapple flavour, like pineapple juice for example. Also I guess malibu is a alcoholic drink of sorts? I'm not into alcohol at all tbh, I think it tastes disgusting haha.

    Also I'm surprised none of you have mentioned lemons...

    Yeah the flavour can be very sweet at times. Yeah malibu is kind of alcohol like a sweet one. I tend to only drink the sweet ones the other types aren't that nice personally. OMG I love lemons so much and lemonade.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 I've tried some beer before and omg it was disgusting! Ngl if I didn't know what it was I would have thought I just drank urine or something :lol:

    Yess I love lemons! (if it wasn't obvious by my name haha) Me asking to guess my favourite fruit was supposed to be a trick question, I'm so surprised no one said lemon... because its not my favourite haha. My favourite is actually grapefruit! I'm kind of a citrus guy haha. Anyways...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,281 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 I've tried some beer before and omg it was disgusting! Ngl if I didn't know what it was I would have thought I just drank urine or something :lol:

    Yess I love lemons! (if it wasn't obvious by my name haha) Me asking to guess my favourite fruit was supposed to be a trick question, I'm so surprised no one said lemon... because its not my favourite haha. My favourite is actually grapefruit! I'm kind of a citrus guy haha. Anyways...

    I'm not a huge lover of beer either too I find it tastes not very good. Mm lemons are good.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @JJLemon18 i =t never registered or clickd that ur name is jjlemon and maybe im the only one who doesnt like lemonade, me after drinking lemonade :s
    I got secrets, that nobody knows
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,977 Extreme Poster
    Morgyn007 wrote: »
    How did this thread turn into a fruit thread 🤣🤣

    Well... err... wait I can explain!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 944 Part of The Mix Family
    Adding onto the fruit thread lol Ive a bit of a strawberry addiction.. Anyone could win me over with them haha :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Folks :heart:

    Thanks to everyone who's got involved in this thread :smile:

    It's been so fun to read all your replies.
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

    "Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Sign In or Register to comment.