Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Horse riding

Iris_MizzyIris_Mizzy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
I went to the stables yesterday to see if I wanted to do horse riding, Its really nice there loads of horses and a arena to do shows, also massive fields e.g.
I'm going to be doing Horse riding lessons, I've always wanted to be free but my thought is, is that when your at the stables you are free.....(once you got to know how to ride a horse :#
Hopefully It will help in some way.
I'm also making my own music, that calms me down its very hard to match everything but worth it.
Once I finish the song I'm thinking about publishing it on Spotify. ( just a thought )
I hope you guys are doing okay
Sending hugs if not <3

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    edited June 2023
    I really hope u enjoy horse riding, it sounds like great fun! Unfortunately I haven't had many opportunities to ride horses except for one time in centre parks when I was little and I went on a cute pony. And making your own music is suchh a great way of expressing your emotions, I'm so glad u find it fun/useful. I also make my own music but I'm too much of a scaredy cat to share it lol. Hope ur ok! :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    U make ur own music woah, do you sing? Or make background music?
    I way to scared to share it.
    hope your doing okay
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hey @Iris_Mizzy
    I'm so happy you found something fun and entertaining to do and that it makes you feel free. Honestly it's amazing you've found an artistic coping mechanisms and that you've been enjoying it that much. I hope you manage to publish it on spotify! Showing something so personal to the world can be very scary but it can also feel worth it in the end, even just feeling like you can express yourself the way you want to and create something can be very helpful.
    What kind of music do you make @Iris_Mizzy and @Xee ?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I make some background beats with a piano, Im trying to head for music like That way by tate mcrae, Intro by khaild, dancing with your ghost by sasha. thats the sort of music taste im going for.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh wow @Iris_Mizzy that sounds so awesome and love the creativity! Hopefully it does get posted on Spotify it would b rlly cool and im sure it will sound amazing! It’s an achievement in its self being able to find something that helps u to express urself so well done for discovering that.Sending hugs and ive excited to hear more about ur music soon.Also horse riding would b rlly fun!I love horses but am slightly allergic so not able to ride them. What did the horse u were riding look like / what was their name? I always love seeing how unique they all look with the diffferent spots and shades of colours. I hope u enjoy ur lessons <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I did horse riding last year and I stuck to that horse is name was called bubble and he was light brown with white patches/spots over him, the mane/ horse hair was darkish brown.
    But its a shame I wont be able to see him.
    I'm begging for my own horse and they said they will think about it.
  • Options
    Iris_Mizzy wrote: »
    U make ur own music woah, do you sing? Or make background music?
    I way to scared to share it.
    hope your doing okay

@Iris_Mizzy I sing and write lyrics and usually play a few chords on the piano too :) Wbu? And I get it but if u do feel like sharing feel free to pm me, I won't judge and I'd love to hear some of your stuff!!
  • Options
    I play a bit of the piano, I learn very quick with drums. I sing. I find it difficult to write songs, I just tend to do beats and background music or do covers and save them as drafts but never posted me of singing.
    It would be nice to share and get another person's opinion. Wbu have you posted or shared?
    It would be really nice to hear your stuff singing and that, ( also wont judge).
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 941 Part of The Mix Family
    @Iris_Mizzy that is so cool!!! I love playing piano too, but I'm not into composition, I really bet you're brilliant - I'm so happy for you that you've found something so fun to work towards
  • Options
    @Iris_Mizzy ooh drums seem super cool, i've always wanted to play them but i don't have the patience to learn lol. and yeah i'd love to give u my opinion :) i've posted some lyrics on here before but that's about as far as my sharing has gone lol, they're just really personal and i'm also way too much of a scaredy cat to sing in front of anyone. when i was younger i used to sing at my primary school's talent show every year, idk how i did it lol
  • Options
    Hey @Xee
    My carers know I can sing and there begging me to sing to them, but I cant sing on the spot its too awkward and scary, if they catch me by accident when I'm not knowing that would be okay.
    U have talent shows at primary school that's really cool, my school also have a talent show every year but that's high school.
    I would be able to share you a beat but I'm still working on it, and there's no singing in it, the lyrics i find hard to write.
    Idk how to share it to you.
    but once its finished I'll let you know if that's okay.
  • Options
    Hey @IainJammyboy
    You play the piano, this is amazing, I can make stuff up easily and it will take a bit of time for me to learn a quarter of a song.
    Wbu? What songs can you play?
  • Options
    Yeah @Iris_Mizzy that's cool just lmk, i'm sure u can figure out a way of sharing it if u want i'll help u figure it out or something. if u wanted i coild help u write some lyrics to the beat and u could sing them in the melody (i could write the notes down or something) i feel like that would be so cool lol we could write a song together
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 941 Part of The Mix Family
    @Iris_Mizzy this is all coming together!!! I play classical piano and violin alot so I'm confident with reading sheet music, but I will mention I've been playing piano for like a few years now - we already have our own wee band here lol
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    I went to the stables yesterday to see if I wanted to do horse riding, Its really nice there loads of horses and a arena to do shows, also massive fields e.g.
    I'm going to be doing Horse riding lessons, I've always wanted to be free but my thought is, is that when your at the stables you are free.....(once you got to know how to ride a horse :#
    Hopefully It will help in some way.
    I'm also making my own music, that calms me down its very hard to match everything but worth it.
    Once I finish the song I'm thinking about publishing it on Spotify. ( just a thought )
    I hope you guys are doing okay
    Sending hugs if not <3

Horses are such intelligent and beautiful animals, they can also be very understanding. This is a great opportunity for you and I really hope that it helps you in the long run. I am sure that you're going to have a great time, just remember that it can be difficult sometimes but it will all be worth while. I have worked with horses at college and I can't say that they're easy to look after (if that is something that you're going to be doing as well) but it is so so rewarding! :)
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy wow that is amazing your own band, and different sort of instruments wow.
    Do you write your own songs? Or/and sing?
  • Options
    Hey @MilsyRose you worked with horses in collage that's amazing, I didn't think you could do that.
    Do you have your own horses? just wondering. I'm hoping to get up to the point where I can actually do shows, they have a area there and do shows.
    I want to aim for that point.
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Hey @MilsyRose you worked with horses in collage that's amazing, I didn't think you could do that.
    Do you have your own horses? just wondering. I'm hoping to get up to the point where I can actually do shows, they have a area there and do shows.
    I want to aim for that point.

Yes, I was studying an animal and equine management course so I did it only a little bit. I don't own my own horses sadly but just being around them was amazing enough.

You're going to do great! I wish you the best.<3
  • Options
    @Xee that would be sooo cool making a song together, Im not sure how to share it tho, I'm using sound trap you can message on there and you can add people, not sure how.
    I could use help with the beats and song.
    And that would be amazing if you could do the lyrics and help me out.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh wow a song together sounds amazing guys! I hope u can find a way on how to do it and im excited to hear how u get on Also @Iris_Mizzy bubbles sounds so cute horses are the best! I can understand how much you will miss him but hopefully you will find a equally loveable horse <3

• Options
    Hopefully, I really want to get a horse of my own but too much money and big responsibility.