Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don’t know what to do.

HobokenCiderHobokenCider Posts: 10 Settling in
Apologies if this isn’t the right section of the forum for this but it seemed like the closest one to the actual problem also if the wording is a bit weird, I have some difficulty wording stuff like this but I will try to keep this as simple as possible.

I live in the south of England and have done since early 2016, I rarely see most of my family except for my mum, stepdad and two siblings who I live with.
This is because half of my family live in the north east of England and the other half In Northern Ireland

Living down south has been difficult because of stuff and I’m planning on getting out of the south of England as soon as I can but I have a bit of a problem. This is going to be a bit difficult to word in an understandable way.

Due to the places everyone in my family live it is impossible to live near everyone but I am having difficulty deciding where to live that would allow me to be able to have the ability to see everyone more regularly then I do now.
What should I do in this situation?
0 Days Since Milkshake Machine Malfunction

Comments

• Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @HobokenCider it's a good thing you that you're planning to leave a place for your best interests. I guess it depends on how many times you wish to see your family. Have you considered living somewhere between the 2 locations? I believe some of your family members may feel the same way as you since they live far from you and the others, though this is just a speculation of mine. If this is so, then perhaps you should speak to them about your feelings and plans and maybe they can help you out in some way.
    I know you've mentioned that your post may be difficult to word in an understandable way, so I hope I've managed to understand it. Feel free to correct me on this.
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @HobokenCider - just wanted to follow up on this. I hear you - that sounds like a really difficult conundrum to be in. Of course, you want to be able to see everyone, but that might be tricky if family is spread out as you say. @CaniceQ raises a good point - finding a place in between the locations would be an ideal place to move, so perhaps somewhere in NW England that has connections to NI and NE England? Or, you could live near one side, and then travel to see the other side of the family.

As Canice says though, it's a good idea to talk to them about it and what they think. Maybe they can help you find a suitable location, or know of someone who already had this problem. Other things you may want to consider is your work, or where you'd like to work (choosing somewhere close to a big city can be helpful here!), and the quality of the area (in terms of crime, healthcare access etc).
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @HobokenCider Deciding where to live when you have family spread out across different regions can indeed be a challenging situation. It's important to consider your own personal needs and priorities while also taking into account the geographical distances and practical considerations involved. Here are some suggestions to help you navigate this situation: Assess your priorities, Evaluate travel options, Communication and technology, Seek compromises, Consider visiting schedules, and Discuss with your family.

Ultimately, finding the right balance will require some compromise and careful consideration of your own needs and the practicalities of the situation. Keep in mind that circumstances may evolve over time, so remaining open to adjustments and flexible in your approach can help you navigate this complex situation.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @HobokenCider , just wanted to check in with you. How have you been feeling lately? Have you had any ideas about what you might like to do in this situation? :)