Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sh urges. Tw

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
I can't get rid of the urges. I can't ruin it though. I'm 12 days clean but I feel like I have to. The pain of emotions won't go away. It's too much.
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @Chloe234 By the way you've typed out this comment, I can sense these overwhelming emotions you have and I would really like to help you feel less of this pain. May I ask, what kind of urges are they? (If you wish to not say what it is, that is completely fine, you can respond with a simple no :) ) Did you use any methods to lessen these emotions and, if so, what kind of methods did you use?
    CaniceQ
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    @Chloe234 thank you for reaching us out to us about this. I can imagine how overwhelming the urges must be for you especially during this time too. It can be hard to stop the urges but acknowledging they are there can be helpful to identify. Is there a hobby or something you find relaxing which could help with the self harm urges. These could potential act as a distraction from your ongoing thoughts. I am always here if you need any support or if you feel comfortable to to talk to me about anything on your mind,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Chloe234, it sounds like you're going through a difficult spot at the moment. I can understand that it's difficult to hold off these urges, and going for 12 days must have been challenging at times. I'd agree with @Amy22 - finding something that you enjoy can take your mind off things. How are you feeling today?

It's really brave to come on here and share your experience with this! If you'd like to contact support services, I'll include some links that may be helpful:

- Our Crisis Messenger provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258
    - Childline can also be a good contact point: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
    - Samaritans also offer a variety of contact methods: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DiamondxUtopiaDiamondxUtopia Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi @Chloe234 , firstly thank you for sharing your experiences with us. You are very brave to talk about such a heavy topic and especially with what you have been going through to do such things, I can’t imagine it to have been easy for you at all.

I understand that it must be difficult within those 12 days and feeling conflicted on what to do to keep your emotions in control. Are there any other hobbies that you enjoy that can help you project your emotions?
    I myself would suggest art or anything creative. It’s sometimes best to replace those destructive urges with the opposite and bring out creative urges instead. (Creation cancels out destruction) I find that that helps replace negative emotions with more positive ones.

I hope all is well with you and don’t be afraid to reach out for more help. <3
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    Hey @Chloe234 sorry to hear you've had a shitty morning. Sending lots of hugs <3 I don't think you're a failure at all, the fact u tried to distract yourself is amazing and it's defo something to be proud of! And 13 days is amazingg, try not to be so hard on urself.

Why do you self harm if u don't mind me asking? I know people do it for different reasons and if u can clearly identify that reason then it might be a little easier to try and come up with solutions/distractions and other coping strategies.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
    Xee wrote: »
    Hey @Chloe234 sorry to hear you've had a shitty morning. Sending lots of hugs <3 I don't think you're a failure at all, the fact u tried to distract yourself is amazing and it's defo something to be proud of! And 13 days is amazingg, try not to be so hard on urself.

Why do you self harm if u don't mind me asking? I know people do it for different reasons and if u can clearly identify that reason then it might be a little easier to try and come up with solutions/distractions and other coping strategies.

Thankyou @Xee
    If I'm honest I just sh to cope. To feel something other than empty, drained, numb. My life is so shit too and I blame it on myself it's all just too much. Idk sorry
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Chloe234 I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way and experiencing such strong urges. It's important to reach out for support. Please consider contacting a mental health professional, such as a therapist or counselor, who can provide guidance and assistance during difficult times.

Remember that relapses are a part of the recovery process, and it doesn't mean that you've failed or that you're a burden. Recovery takes time, and setbacks can happen along the way. It's essential to be gentle with yourself and seek the help you need to cope with these challenges. You can consider: reach out to someone you trust, distract yourself, Use coping strategies (like listening to music, mindfulness, exercising), hotlines and helplines.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Chloe234

Just wanted to check in and send you some hugs, and let you know it's really positive that you are reaching out for support on here. We are all here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    @Chloe234 It's ok don't say sorry, I completely understand! I'm not sure what they're called so I'm not sure if this will be very helpful but I've heard of these pens with red ink so u can draw lines as if you're self harming but they also have like some sort of strong flavouring which makes your skin tingle and it's almost painful. There are different levels of intensities apparently so you can try buy that and see if that helps u feel something and helps u cope instead of actually self harming?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • DiamondxUtopiaDiamondxUtopia Posts: 12 Settling in
    @Chloe234 Good to hear from you and glad that you’re safe. 13 days is a great milestone! I’m sorry to hear that you have relapsed again, but I can assure you that you’re no burden at all. We are all happy to support your recovery and wish you all the best!

Lots of love from my end and I hope you’re coping a bit better today! <3
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    @Chloe234 You are not a burden at all your feeling and thoughts are valid to us here. Even just making it to 13 days is something that you should be proud of eventhough at times it may not feel like an achievement. I also agree with @Xee as there are pens I think you can get which are similar to sh but don't cause any physical pain. Hope you are feeling okay today,

Massive hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films