Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ùk n games

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Y r they banning call of duty? As much as we want to atm, we're not going to act it out. We're not stupid
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    C.o.d is fun
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    If u wanna no wat wars really like watch 'all quiet on the western front
    Crazy mad insane
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    I didn't know call of duty was getting banned, that's so sadd. There are loads of other great games out there though so I'm sure you'll be ok!! :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,149 Wise Owl
    WHAT??????? why are they banning? That's just horrific - I don't get it, it's been around for years
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    edited June 2023
    I didn't know that they were banning Call of Duty. I find that the game itself is good for teamwork and teambuilding. I guess this all stems back to the video games cause violence debate eventhough they don't actually and they are a good outlet for many people. How is this making you feel at the moment?. I would like to hear your thoughts, <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    So, just to provide some context on this:
    - Microsoft is looking to acquire Activision Blizzard (which is a huge deal!)
    - The UK's regulatory body blocked the move, as they believe it will hurt competition in the gaming market as it would give Microsoft too much power (with the belief that reduced competition will be a negative result for players due to lower quality, higher prices etc)

There's a few different things that can happen here - Microsoft might back out of the deal; they might go ahead with it and pull out of the UK gaming market; or they might proceed but distribute it in the UK through another route. Call of Duty isn't banned in the UK, or even very likely to - it's simply one of many options that are available at the moment due to this disagreement. We'll have to see how the disagreement plays out before we know what happens to Call of Duty and other Microsoft/Activision games, but I wouldn't panic for the mean time :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.