Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm back again! :)

MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
Hiya all! :3

I just thought that I'd make another introduction again as I have been gone for some time now and have decided to return. My name is Amelia but you may call me Milsy if that is any easier for you. Currently, I am working in retail and I strive to eventually work for Disney so this is currently what I am aiming for. Whilst I have been gone, I have done quite a lot - I studied the animal courses which I spoke about in my last introduction, I passed and enjoyed it so much. I was able to work with donkeys, horses, goats, iguanas, and more. I have also worked with children which taught me many valuable skills.

I have changed quite a bit since 2020 with my favourite colour being pink, I am even more obsessed with Disney and also Sanrio now. However, my favourite singers have not changed, I still absolutely adore Melanie Martinez and Billie Eilish. I have discovered a new music artist called Peach PRC and I love her songs equally.

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

In my previous introduction, I had posted this before but I'd just like to remind everyone of the following:

➤ I have been through some things in life that aren't the best myself but I want you guys to remain positive and fight through this with me. Remember that things might not be better tomorrow, next week, or next month but they will get better eventually; it takes time and patience, alongside lots of support.

➤ Be true to yourselves and just remember how amazing you all are. Such joyful surprises were born onto this earth, serving a purpose - everyone deserves to be here and is most certainly loved by numerous people whether that is your friends, family, or carers.

➤ If you've done something that you regret, don't dwell on it when you can be learning from your mistakes instead.

➤ Be your own kind of person, there is only one of you and people who are one of their kind are the true definition of beautiful - especially when people can be who they are and have pride in themself, showing a glowing smile on their face. Who needs makeup when you can have a smile?

➤ Do the unstoppable, don't let your past haunt you or the demons inside weigh you down. You live one life so make it your best because there won't be another one after. Put yourself out there, do what you enjoy, and live your dreams. Don't let anyone or anything stop you!

➤ Keep your head held high, walking along with a low head won't allow you to move on because you can't see what you have ahead of you. There is light at the end of every dark tunnel, just some take a longer journey to go down than others.

Whilst I have been gone, I have also learned that it is important to never change for others. If someone loves you and cares about you enough then they will always appreciate you being yourself, you never need to change for others, if someone doesn't like you for who you are then they are never going to appreciate you even if you try to change. You are amazing, you are worthy and you are you so take pride of that.

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

I hope that everyone has been keeping well and have had an amazing year so far! You're doing awesome and I am proud of each and every single one of you. Once again... have faith, have hope, and remember that if you're going through a difficult stage now, it isn't irreversible and it won't go on forever.

I care about all of you and if you ever need someone to speak to then feel free to message me, your feelings will always be valid. <3

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    Hi @MilsyRose I'm very proud of you for doing your animal care course and it sounds like you have got a lot of lovely hobbies too. I also like Disney too but mostly Disney Pixar stuff. I look forward to seeing you around on the boards more. Welcome back <3

Sending big hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Welcome back to our community @MilsyRose <3

I can see that you've thrived and you've developed through this time, and that you hold a very unique positive view of life and mental health! Hold tight onto that, and don't ever stop reminding the world that good days are next :3
    As my personal legend Bob Ross has said "Life is like a painting; you have to have a little bit of dark in order to have light". Keep chasing your dreams, and always look for the light in the tunnel <3

I'm very proud of your achieving your goals in animal studies and looking foward to seeing you in the dicussions!!
    Take care !
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Amelia, its nice to meet you! Its so cool that you strive to work for Disney, I wish you best of luck and I hope you get to fulfil this dream one day!

These are some really awesome words! Thank you for sharing them with us! "Who needs makeup when you can have a smile?" I don't use makeup but I absolutely love this quote, its definitely going into my list of great quotes haha.

Looking forward to seeing you around. Take care! <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    vicky_zin wrote: »
    As my personal legend Bob Ross has said "Life is like a painting; you have to have a little bit of dark in order to have light".
    @vicky_zin That's also an awesome quote! "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents" is one of my favourite quotes ever!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey @MilsyRose welcome back!! You seem like such a cool and lovely person and tysm for your really kind words <3 I'm also deeply obsessed with Disneyy, how can anyone not be lol? And Melanie Martinez and Billie Eillish are great artistss, I love their music! Not heard of Peach PRC though so I'll go check her out now :) What are ur fav songs by each of them? If u can choose xD

Since we're sharing cool quotes I thought I'd share one of my favs, 'Stars can't shine without darkness' which is quite cheesy/cringy and similar to loads of others like 'u can't have a rainbow without rain' or something like that but I just think it's a really lovely quote mainly bcs I love space lol but also because it's so important to remember that if life was a world full of happiness then there would be no joy because happiness would be the norm. The fact it's a roller coaster means we can truly appreciate the things that make us happy and we can really learn from the dips. Idk I just love that quote lol.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Amelia Welcome back to the Mix and nice to meet u (from my perspective anyway haha)
    Working in Disney would be amazing! Do u hv a fav disney movie by any chance? Hardest question ever probably! Look forward to seeing u around the boards
    Eden
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    @MilsyRose welcome back, glad to hear from you again!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    Hey @MilsyRose welcome back!! You seem like such a cool and lovely person and tysm for your really kind words <3 I'm also deeply obsessed with Disneyy, how can anyone not be lol? And Melanie Martinez and Billie Eillish are great artistss, I love their music! Not heard of Peach PRC though so I'll go check her out now :) What are ur fav songs by each of them? If u can choose xD

Since we're sharing cool quotes I thought I'd share one of my favs, 'Stars can't shine without darkness' which is quite cheesy/cringy and similar to loads of others like 'u can't have a rainbow without rain' or something like that but I just think it's a really lovely quote mainly bcs I love space lol but also because it's so important to remember that if life was a world full of happiness then there would be no joy because happiness would be the norm. The fact it's a roller coaster means we can truly appreciate the things that make us happy and we can really learn from the dips. Idk I just love that quote lol.

Thank you so much!! It is great to see that people love Disney too! It is great when you can share your hobbies and interests with others. It is so so hard to decide on a favourite song as I love them all so much. What are your favourite songs by them? <3

That quote is always a great one. It is so important to remember that feeling not okay makes us develop as people and allows us to feel happy during the best moment in our lives. :)
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Hey Amelia Welcome back to the Mix and nice to meet u (from my perspective anyway haha)
    Working in Disney would be amazing! Do u hv a fav disney movie by any chance? Hardest question ever probably! Look forward to seeing u around the boards
    Eden

Thank you! I appreciate you. It is great to meet you also.

I think my favourite Disney movies have got to be rapunzel, turning red, and the hunchback of notre dame. I do love vanellope and princess tiana though! They're great characters who are also in fantastic movies. It is a hard question to answer, haha. :)
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    It really is! Think i have to agree with u on rapunzel and vanellope. I also love some of the non animated ones like the parent trap and high school musical.Honestly the music and the vibes in like every Disney film is amazing tho ngl
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Welcome back @MilsyRose! And nice to meet you! Thank you so much for sharing those reminders, they're so so inspiring and they help greatly! :smile:

Looking forward to seeing you around! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )