Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is this gross?

I like this anime and everyone ships the two main characters and so did i until recently. Basically, I realised the two characters have certain things about them that remond me of my 2 brothers (e.g: height difference, certain interests). Since they're thought to be in a romantic relationship with lots of content about it (a lot of which I have consumed) it is obviously alarming. This has crossed my mind before, although their personalities aren't much like my brothers' at all sp I brushed it off, but now that I have thought about it more I can't get it out of my head when I think of that ship/the anime its from. I also feel it's important to add that I have never thought of my brothers whilst consuming ship content and enjoyed it, and I actually havn't looked up content to do with it in ages. Despite this I still feel guilty and no longer want to watch the new season coming out :( the same thing has happened with a ship from another show and one more where one character began tp remind me of myself and the other reminded me of one of my brothers :(

Is this gross? 1 vote

Gross
0%
Not gross but stop shipping them
100%
IsThisJustFantasy 1 vote

Comments

• Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @shameful_possum72 , I don't think it's gross at all. Sometimes I ship characteristics in anime or series, too. It's important to know that shipping is different from reality. As long as it doesn't affect your life and your relationship, it's totally fine. Hope you still enjoy your anime!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • shameful_possum72shameful_possum72 Posts: 17 Settling in
    Hi @Terry8936 , thanks for your help
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't agree more with Terry @shameful_possum72 !! Tbh, in life when we ship characters, we are always going to be reminded of people we know to a degree and often you feel more comfortable around/connected to characters whom remind you of people we know in real life. I sincerely do not think it's gross or weird and I think the more that you avoid content related to the ship / the show in general, you are likely to reinforce feelings of shame and guilt that I really don't reckon should be there. Of course, this is wayyy easier said than done, maybe a good place to start is thinking of different aspects of the show you enjoy outside of this ship <3

I'm more than happy to talk more on this, I know internal thoughts like this can be really tough to cope with xxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • shameful_possum72shameful_possum72 Posts: 17 Settling in
    Thanks so much @AislingDM :)
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    No worries @shameful_possum72 , I think you explained yourself really nicely so it helped me to understand =)

How have you been feeling about it since?