Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

police wellbeing visits

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
wat do they suppposed to do on a visit? is it a welfare check wen they visit unannounced wen ur on their radar too
only wondered bc i saw it on the news tht they r stopping it
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    I saw on the news too https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65741824 that the Met police won't be responding to mental health calls unless there's a serious risk to life.

I don't know exactly what the police do when responding to mental health calls, such as doing a welfare check, but I know this was announced because the police are over stretched and haven't had the training to deal with mental health issues.

I'm assuming a welfare check is when they drop in announced to see how you are doing, perhaps after a crime or someone has reported that they are concerned for your welfare.

It is a bit concerning that they are stopping this but it also looks like the police will still respond to calls regarding mental health for now at least.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.