Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Waiting list reason

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I was talking to someone and we figured tht there ŕ some ppl who do it 4 attention and prevent those who need help wait longer? Is tht the way? Do well-being team reply sooner than 9 months?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000 waiting times can depend on how busy the service is, have you tried contacting them to see if they can give you any more information? They may be able to give you some helpful tools to try in the meantime. Hope you are doing okay <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @ellie2000 It's important to note that mental health services and response times can vary depending on various factors. When it comes to accessing ongoing mental health support, such as therapy or counseling, wait times can vary. In some cases, the demand for mental health services may be high, resulting in longer wait times to see a mental health professional. However, many healthcare providers and organizations strive to minimize wait times and provide timely support to those in need.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @eparker98 I went today to first meeting. Gotta wait now. Wat tools do u mean?
    Oh my days...idk
    The world is odd. Ppl use odd terms like 'social leave' wtf does tht mean. Is using words tht u don't understand a form of abu$e?
    Crazy mad insane
  • emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    @ellie2000 ah thats good that they have been in touch, how did it go? (Only if you want to share) Sometimes mental health services will give you some self help tools to help you cope in between sessions or things they want you to practice and take forward with you after.
    @eparker98 I opened up about everything. N I sed I need to b assertive and confidence. Is it gd tht I mentioned about the ab dab I had on here Nd panicked everyone?
    I h8 having a phone call where I'm not allowed to vent
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    morning @ellie2000 how r u doing this weekend? Firstly really well done for opening up about how your feeling thats a really great step and we r all proud of u for doing so. I can hear your worrying about panicking everyone? We just want to make sure ur ok and are safe I can understand how it can b hard but try not to worry about reaching out its a really brave step and its definetly important to proritise how ur feeling and we can try to support you :) I can understand how hard it must b not being able to vent on the phone. You can always vent here if you need to we r all here for u take care <3
    edited May 2023
    @ebyrne556 I'm doin gd, I no wat to do now to keep busy. N wat my limit is, wen to say 'I've had enough now' but wen I say tht ppl don't listen, y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 Just answering ur question from last week just incase ;) I think sometimes people dont listen as they might not understand or are thinking about other things. The most important thing is to prioritise ursef and know when ur feeling u have had a enough and take steps to manage that.Hope ur weeks been ok