Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having our moments

Iris_MizzyIris_Mizzy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
Recently my doctor said I've been diagnosed with depression anxiety disorder and ptsd, tbh I dont know what to think abt that. My life is just falling down the hill and i in the worst condition than i was before, there trying to help me but I'm not helping myself. I haven't spoke since yesterday I have just been using a notepad to communicate. Every time I eat it hurts in my chest, and when I try and drink I end up choking on it.
Most of the time I feel like i don't want to eat at all.
Does that mean I have a eating disorder?

Comments

• Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Iris_Mizzy

Receiving diagnoses can evoke a range of overwhelming and confusing emotions. Whilst this might validate your struggles and increase your access to support, it's understandable that this news could be very challenging to process. It might take some time for this to settle in, though I understand that you might wish for this acceptance to be instant, rather than grappling with discomfort and hurt.

When we are digesting unsettling information like this, we might experience a lack of appetite or difficulty eating. This is part of the mind-body connection. Such difficulties can be really hard to cope with. Have you been able to eat or drink something today? If you're still struggling to drink or eat, I'd suggest calling 111 or receiving medical attention. It is especially vital that you remain hydrated.

Let us know how things go. Take care.
  • Options
    I haven't ate or drank today but I am in hospital so they can try and help me, even tho i am in hospital can I still call 111?
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Iris_Mizzy - things are sounding rough this week, but it's good to hear you're in a place that can hopefully help.

Calling 111 whilst in hospital might not be too helpful as they often advise you speak with a GP or go to hospital if you're symptoms are severe. Instead, I wonder if there is a member of staff you can speak to within the hospital who you can share your concerns with? Even writing down your symptoms if that feels a little easier than verbally communicating?
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Iris_Mizzy It's important to consult with a healthcare provider for a proper evaluation and diagnosis of any condition or disorder. If you suspect you may have an eating disorder or are experiencing disordered eating patterns, it's crucial to address it with a healthcare professional who specializes in mental health or eating disorders. They can help evaluate your symptoms, provide a diagnosis if necessary, and develop an appropriate treatment plan.

Remember that reaching out for help and support is an important step in your healing journey. Take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to seek professional help to address your concerns.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Emma_ There is someone I can speak to here, and I have but they cant seem to do anything and I only told them little bits of it.
  • Options
    @Terry8936, How am I to get hold of a healthcare provider? Is there any chance I can get hold of them where I am now?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    You have been really brave to speak up about it @Iris_Mizzy, despite how small that may feel. It sounds disappointing they can't seem to do anything. In an ideal world, what would you like them to do? You could call or email (sometimes a contact form) your healthcare provider - e.g., doctors or other medical team <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    @Iris_Mizzy how have you been lately?
  • Options
    Hey @Laura_tigger82 Tbh Im nto really sure Im just so exhausted and Im not sure maybe some depression and anxiety tablets to calm me down, Cause everytime when they check my obs my blood pressure is really high it flashes red and i think thats because my anxiety is high even when i dont know it is.
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy, Ive been trying my best to keep it together but im not sure how much I can hold on I feel like I need to burst into tears.
    Hope your doing okay sending hugs :)
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm okay - I'm glad to hear that you're trying your best to push on, you'll be able to come out of this much stronger than before - in a metaphorical and physical sense 💪. Sending hugs back to you🫂