Homeโ€บ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting โœจ

Alone time

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I like alone time, I sleep with the lights off in the day so it's nice n dark, is the dark normal to like? It's Cozy ๐Ÿ˜€ n comforting
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Wen the light come through its like 'not again!!' But I'm on holiday now so I don't think like tht, I'm motivated ๐Ÿ˜Š
    How do u get off tht habit wen Ur off Ur holiday, normal day to day living
    Crazy mad insane
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Hi @ellie2000, I like the dark too! I think that's completely normal and I agree that it's just so cosy and comforting. I think I hate the light because it makes me feel seen I guess. Which is a bit funny considering I was really scared of the dark when I was little.
    How do u get off tht habit wen Ur off Ur holiday, normal day to day living
    Sorry, I'm not too sure about the answer to this question.

I hope you're having fun on holiday. Take care! =)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
    @JJLemon18 I mean how do u prevent urself from slipping into sadness when the holiday is finished?
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I understand, I'm just not sure how to answer that. I think there will always be some sadness with the holiday being over, because of course holidays are the best! I guess you just have to look forward to the good things, no matter how little they are.

What is it about the holiday that makes you the most happy?
    @JJLemon18 รŒ used to cryout for holidays cozi didn't like life where I were living n toxic ppl,but now I find life enjoyable
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm so glad that you find life enjoyable now! =) Sending hugs <3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, not at all - it's quite alright to like the dark! I can understand that shift towards waking up in the mornings can be difficult when you like the dark though. I think the best way is to shift your sleep and waking times gradually (say, over the space of a week), so that you're able to get up on time when school starts again.

Totally get why you love holidays and don't want to go back to school - holidays can be much more fun, can't they? I'm glad that you have a more positive outlook on life, that's really nice to hear! School can be testing, but it's important to find those things that you look forward to - it could be a favourite subject, a good friend you love to catch up with, or some school club that's really fun :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.